All Day Baby

Did an after-lunch bang at the new hamster diner from the team behind here’s looking at you. The place seems perfect for silver lake and was packed with hamsters on a sunday afternoon.

Only got to try the adb breakfast sandwich but willing to return to try some of the smoked items and desserts.

adb biscuit sandwich - scrambled eggs, american cheese, strawberry jam, bacon or sausage
Basically an elevated mcds sausage biscuit with egg. I like the addition of strawberry jam, I wish the biscuit had a crispy crust on top instead of just being soft throughout.

All Day Baby
3200 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026

6 Likes

?

Ok, Boomer!

Hamster checking in: I had their Smoked Beef w/ Cheese ($15)

And cut in half:

It seems like there is a nostalgia wave going on.
Burgers Never Say Die burger and fries is an “elevated” McDonalds cheeseburger and fries.
The All Day Baby Biscuit is a McMuffin.
And the All Day Baby Smoked Beef and Cheese is a dead ringer for the Arby’s Beef & Cheese.

I can’t see myself coming back here, unless it is for their Chicken Fried Steak.
Sorry, no picture…

But it was pretty awesome. Not a grey pounded-out piece of sirloin, but rather an inch-thick steak with thicc golden brown, crispy fried cocoon.

4 Likes

million $ question. worth the premium over a $3 mcd sausage mcmuffin?

Whatever Hamster. Gen Exer checking in… :wink: Agreeing with you…

That Smoked Beef and Cheese doesn’t look great, especially for $15! The Bun on the Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich looks much better. As for an elevated Arby’s Roast Beef… looks like Top Round remains it… why haven’t they expanded yet?!

2 Likes

I don’t know…that sandwich looks pretty awesome to me.

1 Like

Lol.

1 Like

They have expanded to Irvine, but agree. Not good enough.

2 Likes

Okay I am with @robert. The only definitions I could for “hamster” in the various urban Slang dictionaries were pretty gross. Could someone, say @Starchtrade, enlighten we semi senile boomers as to its meaning? I assume its a generation label, but the definitions I found were rather more graphic…

Its our slang (LA FTC) for hipsters.

4 Likes

17 Likes

Thank you for the explanation!

2 Likes

Biscuit window open this Saturday @attran99

https://www.alldaybabyla.com/biscuits

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_VxVbXD4sy/

4 Likes

Dear God! I love biscuits. :scream:

Edit: order processed. Pick-up right before my Raku chirashi.

9 Likes

Get the bacon version, the sausage is nothing special. The bacon is thick cut and super duper smokey which obviously goes great with buttery biscuits!

2 Likes

Got the bacon for me and the sausage/bacon combo for the husband. And extra biscuits for later.

2 Likes

As for All Day Baby, Ta says that restaurant isn’t guaranteed to make it through the pandemic, either. Far from it, in fact. “We don’t know,” says Ta. “The situation there is even more uncertain in some ways, but at the very least people are showing up for takeout a little bit more.” The plan, for now, is to furlough the majority of staff at the end of this week, leaving only a skeleton crew along with Whitener and herself. “It’s much more of a struggle in Silver Lake, because rent is at such a premium.”

It may be a good idea to stop by sooner than later. :frowning:

3 Likes

Really sad because prior to the pandemic, All Day Baby had lines out the door everyday. To go from that to maybe having to shutter is really unfortunate.

4 Likes

I really love their biscuits, cheesecake and carrot cake. Their to-go cocktails have also been solid…Jack & Coke slushies and their Painkiller. Reminds us of vacations on more tropical shores.

3 Likes

@attran99, something new happening at ADB!

3 Likes