All'antico Vinaio heading to Koreatown

OMG!!! Please be south of Wilshire…. Please be south of Wilshire…

lol-- I’m hoping either 6th, 3rd street or even Beverly west of Normandie (the “quieter” part of Ktown)

I went right past this place on a trip to Italy by the Pantheon. I should’ve just waited in line with everyone else instead of going to another sandwich shop around the corner that was just okay.

1 Like

Meh the last thing I want to eat on vacation is a sandwich. If I had to, I’d rather go here in Rome:
https://yelp.to/JDdd5dMJEsb

I went to the Florence location a few months ago. It’s a good sandwich but barely warrants the 30ish minute wait. Besides the lines, multiple locations across the street from one another, and the hype, part of the novelty is the size of the sandwich. It’s comically oversized. It was enjoyable but there are better sandwiches to be had in Italy (Mordi Sandwichouse near the Vatican for the win), and I’d be hard pressed to go out of my way for it here in LA.

4 Likes

Samesies.

2 Likes

In Rome, the sandwiches worrh going out if your way for are made with pizza bianca at Antico Forno Roscioli.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it

1 Like

This looks to be fabulous. I’ve had sandwiches in Rome and Florence. Maybe they will serve a spleen sandwich
Yum . At least it’s not another fucking pizza place opening.

2 Likes

Seems likely the LA branch will have the same menu, since it includes sandwiches with names that reference LA and Venice Beach. No spleen.

1 Like

Maybe in the far future. I’ll have a spleen sandwich. Delicious.

1 Like

I had a spleen sandwich at the famous place in Palermo. The ricotta salata had all the flavor, the spleen was just texture.

Lung can be great, but it’s illegal in the US.

3 Likes

Maybe someday. I know . Far behind in food culture. One step at a time. It’s ok .

the date is very vague, but since only the Vegas location was mentioned as opening in 2023… is it doubtful the KTown location doesn’t open until 2024!!!

me too
that was so great

2 Likes

Same. Stopped there on my Italy trip this summer. Surprisingly good and about 3e.

https://www.palermostreetfood.com/blog/2015/8/10/martitat

The place I went was Antica Focacceria San Francesco, in 1986. Since then it appears to have turned into a chain.

Had a porchetta sandwich at the top of the mountain in Perugia. Was delighted by the unexpected inclusion of offal.

1 Like

There is signage up for a location on Abbot Kinney, in the former Blossom/Rockenwagner Bakery space.

2 Likes

Now officially open. Big line and big sandwiches. Lots of interesting choices (most in the $18-$20 range) but the one they were touting to the people in line was La Paradiso (mortadella with stracciatella and pistachio cream). The bread (a Florentine style focaccia called schiacciata–Tre Mani does a version of it as well) was great and the sandwich delicious and filing.

8 Likes