An Evening at Bulgarini

Hi FTCers!

I spoke with Mrs Bulgarini (I’m sure she’ll reveal her first name at some point :slight_smile:).They are available to host a chef’s dinner (food, gelato, wine, Leo) the first 2 weeks in July. I’m assuming we want a weekend? Who’s in? And what date?

:wine_glass: :baguette_bread: :spaghetti: :ice_cream:

2 Likes

Would LOVE to do July 6th but busy on July 13

1 Like

Out of town for the 4th the first weekend of July.

Could do July 12 (late to account for Friday traffic) or July 13.

1 Like

Based on this thread and my messages, it’s looking like the first weekend of the month has the slight edge. We will lose a few peeps, but it happens. :confused: Such is planning. Just in the small chance I can get another opening (say the 20th?) what is everyone’s availability?

what hours do you think this thing will start/end?

Good question. I will ask when I call today about the exact dates they are available. They’re not big on exact. It was more like “Ummm… Yes, the first two weekends in July might be better”. :wink: Those of you who have been, what time did it start and what was the pacing?

Elizabeth

1 Like

Pacing goes from normal to 4 hours for the dinner with 30 min in between courses depending on how organized he is. Note in the margin: he’s short staffed at the moment.

2 Likes

I made my reservations (3 adults and 3 chowpups) for 7:30PM on a Friday night. We were just getting started when a couple walked in (no reservation) for just a pasta dinner. 5 courses, 2 bread servings, and 4 gelato/sorbetto-wine/beer pairings later, it was after 11:00PM when we walked out the door.

1 Like

@Ns1’s joke about bringing our own waiter is starting to sound like less of a joke. :grin:

1 Like

It’s not. If he’s lucky, Leo will have a kitchen assistant and one person to help him with the gelato shop. Otherwise, he rolls with himself and just one more person. It gets rough when he’s trying to serve dinner and a stream of gelato customers roll in at the same time.
But it still feels like a casual dinner party if you’re with the right company. We didn’t mind the casual nature of it all since the food and hospitality were both so good.

2 Likes

I’d like to join but it’s my mom’s bday next day so there’s a slight chance of me cancelling. also is this FTC only or are you bringing your SO’s

Mine will be working so I’ll probably be solo.

1 Like

+1 is welcome!

I’m only available on the weekend my SO is out. But 11p end time means I won’t get back home until midnight, and then I gotta run through the dogs…sigh, such is life.

1 Like

Hi @Nemroz -

Are you responding to doing it on the 6th or the 20th?

Both. I have 2 moms. Jk. i meant 6th but not opposed to 20th.

1 Like

They will be gearing up for their Italy trip in August, so the 20th is a long shot, but we’ll see. :slight_smile:

I just spoke to Elizabeth. She wants me to call her back around 10pm. :grin: That way she will have time to talk to Leo and can give more definite info.

1 Like

What’s the price point?