Anajak Thai (Sherman Oaks)?

The supreme noodles are bland af imo

2 Likes

pie from pizza wagon

2 Likes

Oops, never tried that one, sorry @Ns1 :joy: I only had pad Thai and pad see ew :laughing: I’m fired!

It seems like they’re raising the price of the fried chicken dish every other week. Last night it was $31.
Also $55 for 3 prawns. $29 for bluefin tostada with no uni. I get they’re sourcing the best but that’s a little much no?

2 Likes

This is how I feel every time I visit Anajak

2 Likes

Dynamic pricing…

@formersushichef I don’t go up there enough to notice their changes. Thank you for the updates! Didn’t have enough motivation to drive over there for fried chicken still :laughing: tho I drive anywhere from 4-17hrs for dinners… for some of my favorite chefs :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

lol what is the resto u drove furthest for?

2 Likes

I guess it would be Addison, but I made a weekend out of it.

1 Like

@rohto not for Addison :face_with_peeking_eye: It’s good, but not my ideal type somehow :sweat_smile: Everyone will enjoy it more than me :wink: I moved down to San Diego fulltime for a year to enjoy it wholeheartedly, not just a weekend. Highly recommend San Diego as a city. Lots of food, produce and farm studies for science lol

@set0312 I drove from downtown San Diego to The Harbor House Inn (Elk, CA) and back with one stop each side for snacks, and some gas stops. I think that was the furthest drive within a day (after the pandemic lockdown).

*I like driving for things I love :face_with_hand_over_mouth: and I don’t wanna play Russian Roulette with food :heart:

3 Likes

Go to a Chinese seafood spot and get it steamed, 3 is around $35 or so (if not more depending on the season). So $55 at a restaurant paying proper labor costs isn’t too far off. :smiley:

2 Likes

don’t sleep on whatever is the wok fried veggie of the day.

1 Like

update to omakase

3 Likes

May the odds be ever in your favor, these are gonna go faaaast.

1 Like

Scored the Friday @ 7 by some miracle.

Will report back!

6 Likes

Nice, I just got Friday at 5. So many different confirmations to click through.

2 Likes

Will high five on our way in

3 Likes

Had a blast. Full recap forthcoming. Great amount of food, really well executed. Good vibes. It was exactly what I expected from an Anajak tasting menu and that’s a good thing

8 Likes

really enjoyed the winter omakase. highlights were the kampachi, scallop, crudites, fried shrimp, spot prawn, nodoguro. noodles were fine. pro-tip, ask for some rice early on to sop up all the delicious sauce.

atmosphere was very loud so didn’t catch all the details of each course.

@rlw power rankings forthcoming?

amuse

kampachi

hokkaido scallop

beef tartare

crudites

transparentsea shrimp

chicken oysters

sb spot prawn

nodoguro

noodles supreme

roti

19 Likes

No Astrea add on?

The progression of the meal since I was last there looks very good. That nodoguro must have been so tasty.

3 Likes