Anajak Thai (Sherman Oaks)?

@attran99 ditto to his dad’s curry sauce recipe :heart: and the pad thai there is tasty!!! All the wok noodles are good, and his aunt Mango sticky rice is very comforting. I would come back and eat those Thai food again if I’m out that way.

3 Likes

The supreme noodles are bland af imo

2 Likes

pie from pizza wagon

2 Likes

Oops, never tried that one, sorry @Ns1 :joy: I only had pad Thai and pad see ew :laughing: I’m fired!

It seems like they’re raising the price of the fried chicken dish every other week. Last night it was $31.
Also $55 for 3 prawns. $29 for bluefin tostada with no uni. I get they’re sourcing the best but that’s a little much no?

2 Likes

This is how I feel every time I visit Anajak

2 Likes

Dynamic pricing…

@formersushichef I don’t go up there enough to notice their changes. Thank you for the updates! Didn’t have enough motivation to drive over there for fried chicken still :laughing: tho I drive anywhere from 4-17hrs for dinners… for some of my favorite chefs :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

lol what is the resto u drove furthest for?

2 Likes

I guess it would be Addison, but I made a weekend out of it.

1 Like

@rohto not for Addison :face_with_peeking_eye: It’s good, but not my ideal type somehow :sweat_smile: Everyone will enjoy it more than me :wink: I moved down to San Diego fulltime for a year to enjoy it wholeheartedly, not just a weekend. Highly recommend San Diego as a city. Lots of food, produce and farm studies for science lol

@set0312 I drove from downtown San Diego to The Harbor House Inn (Elk, CA) and back with one stop each side for snacks, and some gas stops. I think that was the furthest drive within a day (after the pandemic lockdown).

*I like driving for things I love :face_with_hand_over_mouth: and I don’t wanna play Russian Roulette with food :heart:

3 Likes

Go to a Chinese seafood spot and get it steamed, 3 is around $35 or so (if not more depending on the season). So $55 at a restaurant paying proper labor costs isn’t too far off. :smiley:

2 Likes

don’t sleep on whatever is the wok fried veggie of the day.

1 Like

update to omakase

3 Likes

May the odds be ever in your favor, these are gonna go faaaast.

1 Like

Scored the Friday @ 7 by some miracle.

Will report back!

6 Likes

Nice, I just got Friday at 5. So many different confirmations to click through.

2 Likes

Will high five on our way in

3 Likes