And Now, A Few Words from KevinEats

You guys do realize that @kevinEats is, um, a member of FTC, right?

There’s also the realization that usage of the words “urinal cake-like” by any author in any food writing must be addressed by the local peanut gallery as well.

4 Likes

I did not know this, but if so, I say:

Dear @kevinEats, I enjoy your food photo skills very much. I also admire your willingness to try all manner of crazy mixologist concoctions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have heard tell of that but he never admits to it, either here or on the blog.
And:
a) So what? If he blogs, he has to expect others to comment on his blog. One would hope he can take a joke and accept some constructive criticism of his (appalling but improving, IMHO) prose.

b) Why does he need you to stick up for him. MYOB, I say. We are having some fun, making some valid points (all in the service of food, food writing and restaurants in LA) and – I for one – don’t need or appreciate your policing on behalf of KE.

1 Like

I really don’t think @ipsedixit 's intention was to stick up for anyone or anything. I felt like it was more informational purposes.

3 Likes

very urinal cake forward.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, I agree that one cannot really tell what the intention/purpose of @ipsedixit is by the above. My comments refer to the above AND other interactions I have had regarding this issue where the intent, most definitely, was to censor KE criticism.

1 Like

He gonna be soooo pissed.

1 Like

Waiting to see how deep into the toilet this dude reaches after a Taiwan visit to a stinky tofu factory.

I’m all for honest reviewers who don’t pull their punches.

I’ve never smelled urinal cake in a beer, and hope not to, but one time when we were sharing a 750 of aged Russian River Sanctification, one of my friends said, “Wow, this smells like vomit. [long pause] In a good way!”

3 Likes