Angler - Beverly Center

Dug up the direct link to the menu if you want to look deeper.

3 Likes

Went last night.
So glad they re-opened.
Server told me Skenes is still in charge and they retained almost all of the kitchen and serving staff (though that seems really hard to believe).

Food was pretty fantastic.
Especially the Radicchio salad and a new dish - large pacific “Embered” Oysters with fantastic spicy sauce.
Radicchio with Radicchio

Embered Oyster - sorry its so blue (and more than 1/2 eaten), but this was terrific. I would love to have the sauce on pasta.

I don’t love okra but my wife does and she loved the new fried okra dish with a basil oil and creme fresh dip

Eating in the parking area is strange, to say the least, but they have prettied it up as well as they could.

When a Lamborghini (maybe @J_L’s ??? ) pulled out of the parking structure I felt like I was on the tarmac at LAX, or at an F1 event.
CRAZY LOUD.

15 Likes

Maybe they got a PPP loan. Spend 80% on employee paychecks and you don’t have to pay it back.

were you seated in the “patio” or “patio lounge”?

i’m guessing the valet circle is the lounge and the carpeted area next to it is the patio?

Awesome, I have a reservation in November for my birthday, can’t wait to go!

3 Likes

had these in sf and they were really good. no embered sundae?

https://ftcsfo3digitaloceanspaces.b-cdn.net/uploads/default/original/3X/e/b/eb5f9b508e74e17c1e4e0d89f33582d8a03bc4d4.jpeg

https://ftcsfo3digitaloceanspaces.b-cdn.net/uploads/default/original/3X/7/6/76c295fa9fa7d8667422160baf30a8b949f22d59.jpeg

8 Likes

Dang it, I gotta bring the Aventador back the dude at Midas Muffler.

Nice report. But why do I feel a sudden urge to pull up “Purple Rain” on my Spotify listening list?

3 Likes

There was a pork element that we tasted in the sauce and wondered about, perhaps it was soondae???

1 Like

We did the PL in the Valet Circle (though the circle is closed to cars) because there are a few more food options from the bar menu. Though i don’t think we took advantage of the option.

Cocktails were superb too. Basil Hayden Manhattan w for me and Dirty Martini for @LouisianaMouth

3 Likes

I thought that was you but couldn’t tell because of the mask and because I only met you once like 5 years ago haha.

Our server explained it as you get the additional happy hour cocktails and half pound seafood options in the lounge.

Guess I should’ve gotten the sundae and oysters but oh well.

I found the QPR quite good here. Not pictured: raddichio xo, half pound shrimp, bread/butter

14 Likes

how’s the music and mosquito sitch?

1 Like

They jacked up the music volume to encompass the larger space and cover up the car noises. Of course, since it’s a parking lot the sound just bounces off all the hard surfaces. Also, random Lambo going into valet 5 feet away from “patio lounge”.

tl;dr it’s loud

2 Likes

#mosquitoseeker

4 Likes

What time is hh at angler?

Celebration dinner. A ginormous tent is setup in the garage and there are about 20 table total. But here’s a word of advice: Bring a jacket! There isn’t any heat lamps so it gets cold!

P1003691

P1003690

scallop, yuzu dashi, wasabi
P1003692

P1003693

P1003695

radicchio with radicchio X.O.
P1003696

P1003701

embered oysters
P1003705

P1003706

sesame sourdough, seaweed butter
P1003708

P1003709

savoury clams
P1003710

P1003712

rapini
P1003715

bluefin tuna
P1003717

P1003719

P1003718

caramel sundae
P1003720

P1003722

16 Likes

no banana pancake :poop:

the brunoise for those clams :heart_eyes:

what came with the tuna? olives?

what’s the mosquito sitch?

2 Likes

Nope! :money_mouth_face:

Agreed. Steamed and finished with what I think is a mix of shallot, ginger, pepper, chive, mustard seeds in an acidic wine and butter broth.

Green olive, caper, EVOO. Should’ve asked them to give me the bluefin raw. :poop:

#mosquitoseeker2020 will be satisfied.

4 Likes

I went Friday night and was disappointed compared to the visits during the before times. The service is nowhere near the level it was before; when I asked how some of the dishes were prepared the only answer I got repeatedly by our waitress was “it’s cooked over embers”. Waitress seemed like it was her first week in the hospitality industry. Not that I care that much, but I noticed they switched from button ups and ties to T-shirts. Moreover, some of the things like pickled Calabrian peppers are no longer part of the meal. While they did do their best, dining in the parking lot is exactly how it sounds- pretty depressing. The sake list by the glass is offensively over priced- the 88$ 150 ml pour of Nagurarayama is a $40 bottle over at True Sake and it only got worse from there. Food was good, but it’s just not the same experience as before and with their 20% required service charge, I just think it’s not worth the price right now. I do hope they are able to stay open long enough to go back to indoor dining. It is cold but mosquito situation is fine

5 Likes

Parking lot dining is bad enough, but parking structure dining is next level had pass.

2 Likes