Angler - Beverly Center

From Eater earlier this week

Angler

Major Players: Paul Chung, Saison Hospitality

The Situation: Far more than just a reopening, this is an all-new Angler courtesy of Saison Hospitality Culinary Director, chef Paul Chung. While the address and the name remain the same, the cozy-cool Beverly Center ground floor space itself has been reimagined under the design direction of Built, Inc. and with a new (and still sustainably-sourced) seafood-forward menu fueled by lots of smoke and fire. Chung is pulling in LA, SF, and Korean influences to the redone menu, while cocktails and wine will also have a whole new dedicated focus. Expect big things from this one.

Projected Opening: February 2023

6 Likes
3 Likes

hmmm, some of the Angler classics are gone like the Angler potato, radicchio salad w/ XO sauce, and banana pancake with caviarā€¦
iā€™m not sure about the new menu but i will eventually give it a try.

3 Likes

https://anglerla.com/menu/

Soundsā€¦fine? Nothing jumping out as terribly exciting.

Not a ambitious as before but seems like good food if executed well. Will check it out.

ā€œPlease note that a 20% service charge will be added to each checkā€

UMMMMMM

1 Like

I am good with that, but not going to pay any tips on top of that, even if they add the tip line to receipt.
In fact, if I just pay in cash, there will be no credit card receipt with the tip line to consider :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m fine with that as long as there is no tip line. If there is I will leave it empty 100% of the time but also fuck that.

1 Like

Lol what.

3 Likes

Werenā€™t those Angler classics?

2 Likes

You want Angler classic, come to SF.

Free bread, too?

Awfully softball piece for a restaurant that flopped and is attempting a reboot.

Distinct changes have been made in the dining room as well, starting with a new entrance that opens out onto La Cienega Boulevard.

Why the fuck didnā€™t they do that in the first place?

5 Likes

noooo!! those were the absolute best items

this is one place I will wait to hear the reception first before trying, if I even do. that 20% service charge already puts me in a bad moodā€¦

when someone goes plz take a picture of the menu and see if they add extra tip writing language like Animal doesā€¦

3 Likes

Makes some sense, two very labor intensive dishes that are hard to charge a lot for. Which is a shame because theyā€™re so good. Looks like they brought over the oysters and collar from the SF one though. Iā€™m curious if they kept the tanks for live seafood. You canā€™t see them in any of the photo angles.

4 Likes

Wonder if the splash zone is being sacrificed for the La Cienega entranceā€¦

the pr photos show a bluish tint reflecting off the chairs facing the would be tanks, so I think theyā€™re still there.

17 Likes

Inspector Porky on the case!

19 Likes

Looks like they are still creating simple sounding but highly refined dishes

5 Likes