Angler - Beverly Center

Sad but unsurprising.

I was told there was a service recently that just 1 guest showed

Was there this past Saturday and only about 4 tables including ours during prime time.

3 Likes

Sad for the folks there, I think the ground floor of the Beverly Center is cursed for restaurants. They must get a break on rent, but seems like it canā€™t overcome the unique weirdness of the location. Also Iā€™m sure retail foot traffic hasnā€™t recovered to pre-COVID levels and Beverly Center never seemed like it had a ton, especially given the location. Century City is consistently busy from what Iā€™ve seen.

3 Likes

is it closed forever?? or can we still go before itā€™s closed? I never tried their new menu

Last night was the l last service

Bummer. They were so damn good when they were on top of their game. Itā€™s gotta be the location. Nobody wants to have a nice dinner in the valet circle of a mall. Hell, itā€™s not even one of the better mallsā€¦ They likely would have done so much better had they been in a different location.

2 Likes

Fucking blows. I thought the new menu was fun as shit and delicious for a GREAT price. We were one of 3 tables sat on a Saturday at 7 thoughā€¦.

2 Likes

Place is like a Black Hole / Death Star in the middle of the city.

Cedars - or someone - should buy it (they probably already own it) and make the worldā€™s largest elder care, skilled-nursing, rehab, recovery facility. Thatā€™s what this city is going to need to care for the tsunami of dementia, disability etc. Maybe mix in a few floors for the unhoused and viola - a cure-all for our next two decades of problems.

Too bad, 'cause I like AB Steak, HH Brazilian but canā€™t them making it.

12 Likes

I thought Cedars was only interested in building more ICU and surgical unitsā€¦

Back to the topicā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nothing could sound more depressing/less shop motivating for the Beverly Center then the bottom being a place for elderly care

Depressingā€¦or sure.
But not the just bottomā€¦the whole thing!
Even more depressing.

5 Likes

I hope they realize that Angler #1 wasnā€™t the problem and bring that back in some nice setting that befits one of the best restaurants in LA.

2 Likes

Anglerā€¦ is not one of the best restaurants in LA though? the quality went wayyyy down

Thatā€™s quite sad I enjoyed the many iterations of angler.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure the active oil drilling site tucked right next to the Beverly Center may deter people from wanting to build an elder care center.

Angler V2.0 but with Pizza?

7 Likes

ā€˜The menu essentially sounds like Bear Grylls and Marcella Hazan had a kitchen love child.ā€™ :laughing:

2 Likes

Congrats on breaking the news @matthewkang!

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Leopardo - Hancock Park