Angler - Beverly Center

Angler sounds too much like Sizzler to me.

Thanks!
I have no idea who or what the infatuation is, but to me this poses a philosophical question: am I more likely to trust a chef’s opinion or a critic’s?
The answer, I suppose, is an FTCer’s…

3 Likes

Where is Keith Gilabert when we need him most?

4 Likes

Do they have cheese toast? :yum:

2 Likes

If Sizzler : Angler is as Turf : Surf
Then Cheese toast : Uni toast

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a remarkable transformation. On the other hand, the second time I ordered it I felt like once was enough.

For $240. Kinda makes Saison seem like a bargain.

looks like a Vegas club for retired dads.

:rofl::joy::rofl:

and Toto’s “Africa” blasting over the loudspeaker.

To be fair, it was probably the Weezer version.

They do a great job with the Flannery Jorge steak. Probably my favorite prep of it in LA. It also might be the cheapest at $105

For a review site that loves going to hole in the walls and restaurants in warehouses, I still don’t understand why they are so unable to process that angler is at Beverly Center.

For what it’s worth chef Mei Lin has the same feeling as chef Yao. She went as far to say it’s her favorite restaurant in LA right now

1 Like

I like the controversy that this restaurant is generating can’t wait to check it out.

In regards to chefs defending other chefs this shouldn’t be suprising (and likely quite self serving) as the chef community is pretty close knit and they definitely have a common interest in defending against publications bringing bad press.

3 Likes

The ultimate form of Angler’s cheesy potato

3 Likes

Where’d she say that?

Yikes re the Infatuation review: “The fact they’re selling a $888 crab dish and a piece of wet toast for over $100 inside a restaurant at the worst mall in the city is proof of how tone-deaf this place is at its core.”

I was actually starting to warm up to the idea of trying Angler, but only because someone with a lot of money who likes to spend money in restaurants offered to take a friend and I wherever we wanted to go – I’m a lot more willing to take a flyer when I’m spending other people’s money as opposed to my own hard-earned dollars – but yikes that review from the Infatuation. (And when I mentioned Angler and that it was at the Beverly Center, the other invitee to dinner just groaned). There is a certain type of Angeleno, and I guess I’m not the only one, for whom the mere mention of the Beverly Center invokes shudders.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s a review. There’s no score. Maybe it’s just a preview.

That guy seems like a pretty untrustworthy critic.

2 Likes

the infatuation’s reviews are written by a bunch of different people

I’m talking specifically about that guy. His comments about Aburiya Raku sound like he accidentally went tot he wrong restaurant.

“Foggy” tanks?

Imagine thinking the best thing at Raku is asparagus with bacon, what a depressing palate to have. In regards to uni toast price, the Hokkaido uni itself cost $200.

2 Likes

I haven’t found them to be a reliable source for reviews… they reviewers seem to have an angsty, bitter, chip-on-the shoulder, axe-to-grind inclination

5 Likes

The Infatuation is garbage.

3 Likes