Angler - The Embarcadero

Thanks @PorkyBelly. Sounds wonderful. :slight_smile: Would you say the OG Angler is just cooking at a different level (better) than the new L.A. branch?

1 Like

I was thinking that tomato would be great. Was the whole tomato raw? Peeled? I’ll have to get in to try it while the season lasts.

No, I wouldn’t say that, both places are cooking at a very high level and are pretty equal food-wise. The biggest difference is sf’s superior location and higher price.

If the la location has the heirloom tomato on the menu I wouldn’t hesitate to order it.

2 Likes

It was either raw or slightly poached and peeled.

So do you prefer cocktail sauce with oysters rather than mignonette or just a squeeze of lemon

2 Likes

bang before benu. came for the oysters, stayed for frosty, thanks @butteredwaffles.

angler setup individual parklets for each table that felt very safe. temperature checks and contact info provided at check-in and everybody were in masks.

mosquito report: none.

kusshi (vancouver, bc), kumamoto (oakland bay, wa)
excellent as before, my only complaint is the spoon they give you for the oysters is too big for the minionette glass #covidproblems

(new) embered oysters
this tasted like hog island’s grilled oysters with chipotle bourbon butter, but less sweet and more savory. delicious. @TheCookie

grilled blue prawns with chili and meyer lemon
this was like la angler’s live spot prawn dish, wish there was more sauce to dip all the bread in.

embered caramel frosty
basically their must-order milk soft serve sundae without the coco nibs. next time I’ll ask for some more caramel on the side.

10 Likes

Damn. Frosty envy all over again!

1 Like

:drooling_face: Even the lemons look special, lol.

1 Like

Color and shape look like a Meyer.

2 Likes

they were meyer

1 Like

Saison Smokehouse’s last day is next Saturday, 10/17. Angler will reopen Friday, 10/23.

Wine list still insanely diverse with some good values here and there.

Antelope tartare is a great dish. Couldn’t figure out exactly what the crunchy elements were. Lettuce reminded me of Majordomo’s bounty bowl, every bite perfectly seasoned.

Rolls and cultured butter still great.

Perfect salad. Nice foil to the rich food.

Hot collar a la the LA branch.

Glorious. Grignolino? Maybe.

Great chicken with fabulous sauce.

The place was hopping when we walked in around 8:15 on Tuesday, though the host said it had been quiet. Great meal. No $495 diamond turbot or other crazy baller seafood.

1 Like

New prix-fixe lunch.

https://www.instagram.com/anglersanfrancisco/p/C48XThyOLt2/?img_index=1