Anson Mills grains available locally?

I was all set to order some Anson Mills grits and polenta - we’ve had their products in the past and know how good they are. But here’s the rub - the minimum order, about 4 12-oz packages of grits and polenta comes to just under $24, shipping is another $16 minimum! So no, I’m not going to do that, we’ll look for a local source for their products. Can anyone help?

1 Like

Check Surfas. I thought I saw Anson Mills products there before.

Ditto. It’s been a while since I’ve been to Surfas, but I am pretty sure they carried it in the refrigerated section.

Glenn Roberts says, “Surfas, Culver City, but call first.”

Whole Foods.

Just in case you wanted definitive proof…Surfas carries Anson MIlls in the refrigerated section. Now that Epicure Imports is no more that’s where I get salted anchovies as well.

BTW after soaking the grits I use my Zojirushi rice cooker on the brown rice setting. No stirring! Easy clean up!! So much easier.

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses. Surfas is a bit of a schlep for us, but I’ll call them on Saturday and we’ll head out there if they have what we want. Our local WF doesn’t, maybe one of the bigger ones will.

From what Glenn Roberts told me, I believe Surfas is the only Anson Mills retailer in California.

I order my stuff directly from their website. A little pricey, but worth it. The Carolina Gold rice is fantastic as is their soba flour mix.