Antico Nuovo by Chad Colby

What a healthy meal compete with fruits and vegetables!

3 Likes

how do we know that’s not a giant hand and tiny cars?

5 Likes

It’s all relative.

4 Likes

I had to do more research (aka eating ice cream) before answering this. The strawberry has a slightly more intense strawberry flavor but the shortcake has those delicious crunchies. So it’s still too close to call for me. I’ll need to do some more research. You can’t go wrong with either though.

8 Likes

Please report back when you have finished your research. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for taking one for the team…

3 Likes

BTW Nick Offerman may be the most gracious person I have ever worked with. Years ago when my daughter was home for Christmas break he was directing a “Parks and Rec” episode I was working on. When I told him she was coming to set, and she considered him the best actor on television, his response was, “She needs to watch more television.” When she got there he seated her in front of the monitor next to him and he and Dean Holland, another brilliant comic guy, gave her a running commentary on what made good comedy while directing a hilarious episode. Truly a wonderful man.

12 Likes

After reading all about the ice cream and pizza, I just picked up a focaccia pizza (just plain cheese as a first taste before trying more), a pint of strawberry, and a pint of honeycomb. Wow that honeycomb! Love the salty-sweet flavors and the smoothness. I don’t usually love ice cream this rich, but with this flavor it worked really nicely.

I have to say, I appreciated the strawberry more than I actually enjoyed it. The strawberry flavor is so intense, it’s almost too much! I prefer Carmela’s strawberry buttermilk - I like the tang the buttermilk gives the ice cream, but for those strawberry lovers, it’s not quite as pure. I haven’t had Bulgarini’s that @Chowseeker1999 mentioned in that thread, but I do agree that Antico’s is a bit rich for me. Maybe that’s part of why I didn’t love it either.

The pizza was solid, and as others have said, definitely enough for multiple meals. I probably had it over 4 or 5 meals - not by itself, but with other stuff. I could see that pizza w/ toppings lasting 3 whole meals in itself though. I also appreciate how they had a big bottle of sanitizer and a clean batch of pens for signing receipts and a box for dumping used pens.

5 Likes

Dear mother of god

12 Likes

And now todays starting lineup for your Antico Ice Creams!!!

At point guard - #11 - the cool, the classic - Extreme Vanilla Bean

Your favorite shooting guard - #3 - the three-point king - XXXOCOLATE

Small forward, big heart! - #27 - Hey Shawtie, it’s your Strawberry Shortcake

This Power Forward shocked everyone when he came out of the farm league - #19 - Murray Farm Cherry

The center who holds it all together - #40 - the king of rebounds - sticky hands - Honeycomb!

18 Likes

Wow. Maybe we can reallocate our current gas budget surplus to create a Pie & Ice Cream Budget.

7 Likes

Oh shit they still have strawberry shortcake? And how was the vanilla?

Need to know how big of a cooler I should bring tomorrow.

2 Likes

The vanilla is so over the top intense I love it. The flavor is warm in a sense, the vanilla has so much character.

That chocolate is nuts too, same with the cherry.

Really bummed I missed that passionfruit last week.

5 Likes

cherry looks insane

2 Likes

I just picked up a Honeycomb and Strawberry Shortcake today too! I was told it was the last Strawberry Shortcake pint, but maybe that’s the line they use on everybody.

I thought everyone was crazy for spending $20 for a pint of ice cream. After trying the Strawberry Shortcake, I realized how wrong I was. Now if I can just get the opportunity to spend $44 on that Mango Passionfruit Pie at Republique…

12 Likes

That’s funny, this person got the last pint too.

3 Likes

#WorthIt

6 Likes

I believe I have the last pint of Antico strawberry in my freezer.

4 Likes

That’s the post that made me think they were out! I asked when I was there around 12:30pm and was told there was “one more left.” I then saw @butteredwaffles posting about getting Strawberry Shortcake on Saturday too, which made me think that I was duped. At least I got to try it!

3 Likes

I should say!

I picked up strawberry shortcake, honeycomb and vanilla Thursday night. Then they teased chocolate and cherry on Friday so I returned to buy those flavors.

When I picked up Thursday they told me I bought one of the last two honeycomb, and that they wouldn’t be making that flavor again for a while.

So who knows?!?

4 Likes

I just got their email newsletter and it has the strawberry and strawberry shortcake ice cream on the menu. I’m thinking of picking up some strawberry shortcake ice cream tomorrow- never been to Antico but I love strawberry ice cream (and I LOVE ice cream with mixins/chunks of stuff). I don’t live that far. Can you call in an order shortly before 12, or does their phone line open exactly at 12?

3 Likes