Any last minute dinner plans before (or if) restaurants get shut down?

Any going for one last hurrah and try to get a good dinner in before that’s not even an option

Maybe start “social distancing” a little early to get in practice?

2 Likes

No.

1 Like

Bestia and Bavel both have available reservations FWIW.

Hm I wonder what happens to my Hayato bento

1 Like

Nah, not going out anymore. Probably cooking some sole tonight.

On the bright side, with all the canned stuff I got I am now infinitely more prepared for an earthquake than I was before.

4 Likes

Traffic shouldn’t be an issue lol. I was thinking of trying to get a bar seat at Melisse or pasjolie at the bar tonight

My wife and I are going to Bavel. We figure the shutdown will happen this week. The easy thing for politicians to do is to act to reduce immediate perceived health risk. When the economy goes to hell, they’ll say they were acting to save lives.

Accordingly, we also bought two to three thousand dollars worth of non-perishable groceries, including a trip to Little India. Once the shutdown occurs, I wouldn’t expect it to be lifted any time soon. I’ve heard no theory from anyone for why we won’t need a shutdown three months from now if we need a shutdown now. So enjoy restaurants while you can!

1 Like

actually, i was thinking getting bags of frozen dumplings from places like lao xi noodle house etc. and having supplies to make at home.

3 Likes

So do you think that Dr. Fauci is a “politician”?

1 Like

Now that we’re socially distancing we’ll have loads of time for cooking.

1 Like

I’ve agreed many, many times that from a purely medical perspective, of course it makes sense to stay home and shut down the economy. The same is true for every virus. From a policy perspective, this is a terrible policy choice. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. People will suffer — and people will die — because of this shutdown. And the people responsible should be held accountable.

1 Like

Donald J. Trump.

2 Likes

I ended up at Kiriko one of 2 in the place. So damn good. Finished up at Sweet Rose Creamery. If i have to go into hibernation I’m good.

3 Likes

Maybe there will be some “speakeasy” restaurants?

Let’s do our best to support restaurants outside of LA city limits until those get shut down too.

1 Like

CA Congressman Devin says GO !!! :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :partying_face:

Congressman > Mayor

2 Likes

Good point. I’m guessing there will be quite a few pop ups. most likely going to be a lot of talented hard working cooks and chefs out of work. Even if they don’t make much money i’m sure people will want to stay busy. Probably wouldn’t mention it on here though.

1 Like

The same Devin Nunes who doesn’t believe in science? This guy and Trump are really endangering Americans.

5 Likes

We planned to eat at Little Fatty last night, but changed our dine-in reservations to takeout after the declaration that folks 65+ in California should self isolate. My mom had already worked out at the gym that morning, but the news made us modify dinner plans. Still enjoyable (dessert not pictured). Now leaving for my flight back Sacramento.

4 Likes

Nice, i thought about going to little fatty as well. In the end i hadn’t had sushi in a while so i did that

1 Like