Any place to buy small quantities of white/black truffle?

If they’re not highly aromatic, does that mean that they won’t have much flavor? I had some shaved white truffles a few yrs ago at dinner on top of pasta and smelled and tasted nothing. :frowning:

White truffles are all about the aroma. They have little or no flavor. If you smelled nothing, the truffle might have been stale, or it might have been an inferior type such as Tuber gibbosum.

1 Like

I meant some use a micro plane grater as they would for cheese as opposed to a metal truffle slicer. The sharp parts are still metal, of course. I can see how my post was misleading in sounding like some refuse to let metal touch the truffle

I know others prefer it sliced thick, but that’s way too expensive for me and maybe there’s not as much surface area.

Slicing a white truffle thick would be an insane waste of money.

Black truffles that you’re going to cook, that might be good. They’re more like mushrooms.

https://m.yelp.com/biz/truffle-brothers-los-angeles-2

The only place to buy truffles and Italian products amazing sandwiches too

Monaco truffle co has truffle everyday of the year. We do farmers markets and we deliver to your door. All our truffles come from truffle brother. Molise Italy.

Monacotruffleco.com

2 Likes

Welcome to FTC!!!

Hello – Thank you for offering free truffles.

I don’t understand what this means: “In fine, the truffle is the very diamond of gastronomy.” I wonder if it’s a mistranslation?

A more modern translation:

A sauté of truffles is a plate which is concocted and served by the mistress of the house herself; in short, the truffle is the diamond of the art of cookery.

Hi everyone, I work for a truffle vendor out here in Los Angeles. Please feel free to hit me up if you need any truffles! We delivery or ship straight to you! We currently have Black Summer Truffles from central Italy. We’re also getting the Australian Winter Black Truffles soon