Any recommendations for good Intestine (Offal) Dishes?

I’m curious; are posters using “tripe” and “intestines” interchangeably here? I thought tripe was stomach lining. Am I mistaken? Do intestines and stomach lining taste the same? I’ve had tripe/intestine (not sure which one) dishes I’ve loved, and some that were way too funky and barnyardy for me to enjoy. Is that the product of how carefully they were cleaned, or precisely which organ or animal it was?..I second the recommendation of Kinjiro’s offal stew, it’s a thing of beauty.

I don’t know if some are using the two terms interchangeably or if they’re throwing out tripe suggestions to try to be helpful even if they know it’s not the same.

I didn’t think they were interchangeable, but when other people started mentioning tripe, I thought I would, too (esp since I find that more palatable than intestines).

I’m personally a fan of the tripe pasta at maccheroni republic

How would you describe the difference in taste between the two that makes tripe more palatable for you than intestines? Does the former have less funk factor than the latter? That would be my guess, given the different bodily fuctions they handle…

I think I might have had intestines once, and I recall them being smooth. I prefer the, er, chewiness of tripe.

Offal includes sweetbreads, yes? If so, then it’s a taste and texture thing (mineral-y funk + mush = kind of gross, compared to tripe).

One of the best intestine dishes I’ve had, stuffed with scallions and deep fried. Alas the place closed down several years ago.