Any Vegans here?

Original chef gone. Website down. No social media presence. Doesn’t sound good. Feel like checkin’ it out and taking one for the team @hanhgry? :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d be surprised if they have a food program going still at Triniti.
But, @hanhgry if you do go, Sage Bistro is on the same block.

3 Likes

Tried Ramen Hood vegan ramen in Grand Central Market yesterday and quite enjoyed it. The spicy sunflower seed broth was flavorful and the viscosity (for lack of a better word) reminded me of a meat-based ramen broth. Good chew on the noodles, and the bowl comes with mushrooms, bok choy, nori, and bean sprouts by default. I added the vegan egg which looked eerily similar to half a soft cooked egg, but tasted only of the broth it soaked up. The side of cucumbers, avocado, and fried chickpeas in miso and togarashi was tasty but quite salty. The banh mi poutine was a miss. Would happily return. Friendly folks working there and reasonable prices.

6 Likes

Loading up on Chinese American vegan fast food. Return trip to Pots N Woks in Whittier.

5 Likes

I love vegan/vegetarian Orange chicken/General Tsos/etc

I get my General Tsos on at Happy Family.

4 Likes

Which Happy Family?

1 Like

Coinkydink… we spent the day in Whittier. Had lunch at Thai Table - big booths, kid friendly. I won’t list what we had (except to say I had a pretty tasty red curry dish) because this is a Vegan thread and we’re trying to keep @Luluthemagnificent from falling off the wagon. :wink: My review is it scratched an itch. The one Vegan dish on the table was the Tofu Pad Thai that I doused with the red curry sauce.

1 Like

That looks awesome!

1 Like

Not vegan but many of my friends are - so I am always looking for places we can all enjoy.

Scoops Ice cream on York always has a few really tasty vegan options.
And tomorrow the LA Times will have an article on this vegan echo park taco truck.

4 Likes

wish jean georges would open an abcv in LA. i think it would be a hit.

1 Like

I ate at Tehuanita 2.0 last week! Forgot to post it here because I didn’t take a photo of my food, but I got their fried fake “chicken” burger and it was pretty tasty. I don’t know how they get the batter on the faux meat to be so crispy and crunchy! It comes with a citrus-flavored slaw but I put (non-vegan) mayonnaise on it because it makes me think of the crispy chicken sandwich from Burger King I used to eat a loooong time ago.

5 Likes

My Vegan in Eagle Rock. Menu was mostly Thai with pan-Asian and American options. Ordered and enjoyed their signature pad Thai and PET (pumpkin, eggplant, tofu stir fry). Fresh coconut hit the spot after a long hike. All seats were filled on a holiday Sunday night, with a steady stream of takeout orders.

Matcha donut from Donut Friend in Highland Park. The flavor combination with black sesame seeds and a dusting of freeze dried raspberries worked quite well, but it was sickly sweet. Also pictured, creme brûlée donut.

Lunch at the Arts District location of Cafe Gratitude. I can’t remember the feel-good names, but I had the blackened tempeh Cesar wrap and a beet, carrot, apple, ginger juice. My meal came to about $31 with tip—pretty spendy for lunch, but I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. Service was excellent.

3 Likes

hey there everyone, i’ve been a vegan for at least 12 years (in the beginning i wasn’t really counting). i always want to talk with vegan people since i feel that meaters don’t really understand me when it comes to food talking. i’ve always been searching for new recipes some of which i found on http://delicerecipes.com/, i wanted new vegan friends or simply someone to talk with. btw, i’m new here and i really love the site.

7 Likes

@Apdris, welcome! Looking forward to seeing your contributions to FTC :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So happy to have you!

2 Likes

Hi and welcome, @Apdris - glad you’ve come to break bread with us!

1 Like

Welcome @Apdris! Here’s some more Vegan for you.

1 Like

Welcome!!!
How did you find us?

1 Like

Yes, I am from Las Vegas.

I eat everything and if you use English or Russian I’ll understand any of your food taking

3 Likes