Anybody have much intelligence about the Harlem scene?

Its a little be confusing here. I assume you are asking me? lol
Arco has been open for about 18 months now. When I ate there early Sunday it was empty, but then filled up nicely by the time we finished.

Most likely Streetbird. I’ve been meaning to check that out, but Zoma is ahead of it on the list.

Journeyed down to Cosme tonight. Should have spent that cash at Jado :frowning:

Yes, Streetbird. I know I sent something back - a weird-tasting soup, maybe - but in general, it was a tasty meal. I would go back, if I lived in the area or were in the area and had a hankering for some good chicken.

Have u ventured 125th or north yet? Columbia student?

Yep Columbia grad student. I’ve ventured all the way up to 151st for Bono Trattoria and to Jin Ramen on 125th. But I haven’t made it out to like 125th and Malcolm X yet.

Terrific. Enjoy. Lots of good food and music in Harlem.

Abyssinia Ethiopian Restaurant is my favorite Ethiopian in the city.

http://www.harlemethiopianfood.com/

Just read this in the NY Post today. .
Mountain Bird in East Harlem

You prefer it to Zoma? How would you compare them?

I haven’t eaten enough at both places to have a definitive opinion in favor of one over the other – one that I can justify with examples. My gut, as it were, goes with Abyssinia, but both are great.

I’ll have to try Abyssinia.

Wandered into Margot up in Washington Heights a couple weeks ago. Solid Dominican food - stewed and fried chicken and pork, oxtail, rice and beans, tostones. Definitely worth a visit.