Anyone tried Pasta Sisters? Looks GOOD!

@PorkyBelly I’m guessing you don’t like peanut butter in your chocolate or kimchi in your tacos either :grinning:

As a matter of fact i do, i even like cheese on my filet-o-fish.

Perhaps, but Pasta Sisters, like @Dommy said, is the apple to Cento’s orange.

Both good, but not comparable.

One is a deli counter place (primarily), the other is a sit down pop-up.

If you want comparisons, Cento is to Knead & Co. as Pasta Sisters is to Divine Pasta.

If I want something for a backyard get together with some friends, I got Pasta Sisters. If I have an afternoon to spare during the work week in DTLA, I got Cento. I would never do the reverse in either situation.

If you do, then perhaps you bring your own tupperware to Cento? More power to you.

2 Likes

Not REALLY. Pasta Sister’s is not a restaurant as much as it is Deli. They serve finished dishes, but honestly, I would rather go to Al Angolo myself for that sit down and pasta plating experience. Again, considering the limited hours of Cento, it’s unlikely I’ll get there soon and I live near downtown.

Pasta Sisters is a much better example of what I hoped Knead would be in terms of a home cook. So far I haven’t been THAT impressed by Knead aside from portion size. But I need to try more on their menu and market items.

–Dommy!

1 Like

thank you for the heads up, J_L

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve been dying for a good pasta place nearby. Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation. The wild mushroom and uni pastas are right in my wheelhouse. I’ve been craving good Itameshi (Japanese-style Italian food) for a while.

I’ve tried this place a number of times. It is a family owned deli/market that prepares everything from the finest natural ingredients. The meats and cheeses are the finest from Italy as well as many of the ingredients used in their dishes.

Yes I’m a fan, it is work a try… All the Yelpies can’t be wrong…

Enjoy and be pleasantly surprised!

Thank you for reading.

1 Like

went to pasta sisters today for dinner. Tagliatelle bolognese was delicious as were the raviolis. I felt that both dishes were simply sauced and not oversauced as other posters have stated. Both pastas were fresh and had a very nice chew to them. Simple comfort food style.

For the price point I would definitely recommend going, it is a little out of the way but definitely worth the trip. Run by two sisters and a brother, I believe. The place only has stools and small tables, pretty homey.

1 Like

They are a small market/deli. They have amazing food, great to eat there, but limited tables. Lots of order for take out. And I have been to a number of catered events by them… All incredibly fresh, authentic and very very good.

2 Likes

Still haven’t tried it, went by twice and they were closed.

Their hours are frustrating…

Mon 11:30 am - 7:30 pm
Tue 11:30 am - 7:30 pm
Wed 11:30 am - 7:30 pm
Thu 11:30 am - 7:30 pm
Fri 11:30 am - 7:30 pm
Sat 11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Sun Closed

I keep reading it’s more of a deli/takeout place. This is true. But, 3 of us went and we had plenty of space to eat at the counter. I think fresh pastas and sauces are best eaten hot, right out of the kitchen. It wasn’t over-sauced on our visit. In fact, we wanted a little more of the delicious bolognese sauce.

Avoid the seafood. As @Chowseeker1999 and I discussed previously, they don’t seem to be equipped for fresh seafood.

The place is a little gem… I love it.

6 Likes

Hi @TheCookie,

Isn’t their Bolognese awesome? :slight_smile:

How was their dessert? Is that a Tiramisu in your pic?

1 Like

Yes… the bolognese is great. It wasn’t my order, but I kept stealing bites. We’re asking for extra next time. They also sell the sauce. The pasta is also perfectly made, not dense or starchy.

They put just as much care into the desserts as the pastas. The Tiramisu & Apricot cake are delish. We ordered them to go, and they gave us a little container of the cocoa powder.

It’s definitely not a sit down restaurant. But doable for a quick bite.

…and the family is a crack-up.

3 Likes

Try it, you’ll love it!

Ok, Pasta Sisters is the truth.

Bottarga Spaghetti
Porchini Papparedelle
Melanzane Parmigiana w focacchia

5 Likes

whoa, when did they start serving bottarga? that’s a game changer.

1 Like

Oh yay!

I know. Looks great!