APL Restaurant

@Bookwich carries kale around in her purse, I carry uni.

4 Likes

beef ribs, pork ribs, brisket cracklings, sandwich

3 Likes

Lunch heads,how long did your meal take? Can I bang this out in 40 minutes?

i got my food in about 20 minutes after ordering. there were three people ahead of me.

1 Like

My sides were the chili dog and $50 sandwich.

7 Likes

2 Likes

The burger looks fine but cheese looks unmelted…

1 Like

Only the corners sticking out, and they melted in a minute.

So how was it?

Great, though to my minimalist taste the American single and (excellent) pickles were akin to the industrial swiss and (not excellent) coleslaw on a Langer’s #19 (:metal:). I’m guessing it’s his favorite style of burger.

I had APL BBQ lunch today.
It was not good at all.
Phillips ribs blow APL’s away - ALP’s are way too salty and small. The brisket was so thin and flavorless.

2 Likes

The tomahawk was great. Based on past experience with extreme aging I was expecting funky / weird, but it was just richer and beefier.

1 Like

Oh, I got the Fuck Dat Fries and horseradish cream, too. Both really good though I prefer skinny fries.

1 Like

You and A with those darn Phillip’s ribs. They stink up the whole house. But I guess that’s why you guys love them. Smokey!

2 Likes

Went to APL Steakhouse aka the temple of ‘extended dry aged beef’ again last night. We ordered the Sweet Cream Biscuit with fermented ‘Hot’ honey butter., the iceberg wedge with blue cheese dressing topped with grilled thick cut bacon, slow roasted heirloom tomato, and Fuck Dat Fries. We also had the APL BBQ Beef rib which melted in my mouth with amazing smokyness.
IMG_1406
and their 341 day dry aged bone-in New York steak cooked medium rare. The signature fermented cheesy taste is, I believe, unique among restaurant dry aged beef.
My conclusion, get the BBQ beef ribs over all their regular steak offerings. And do indulge in their extended dry aged whenever the occasion calls. There is nothing else coming close to it’s distinctive flavor, at least not in Los Angeles.
IMG_2421
Beautifully presented.
It looked like a T-bone but the tiny filet side was presented on the bone and not served. We decided to carved it out and tasted it but found that it was over-charred on the outside while still medium to medium rare near the bone. Nevertheless, there were less than three small edible bites resulting from these endeavors, so a bone-in New York it is.
Also, no longer on the menu was the ‘souvenir’ APL steak knife policy, But the server did discretely presented the signature knives to each of us before entree and, at the end of dinner, neatly lined up all of our knives sans forks and spoons on the table for a good 5-8 minutes, before he comes back to collect them onto a tray. Big brother watching?
Finally, there was also a x% administration fee added to the bill.

3 Likes

BBQ; no onions.
https://aplrestaurant.com/menus/takeout-menu/

Wouldn’t mind trying his pork chop sando and, at 14 bucks, his rigatoni has the best QPR of anything I have ever had at fucking APL.

1 Like

is the rigatoni good?

Looks like the token vegetarian entree.