Apple Pan Secret Menu..Who Knew?

Apple Pan was great in the 70s. Nothing like it existed and no burger really was as good (except maybe the Hamlet). Now it’s about nostalgia

It may not be the best, but it was one of the first.

2 Likes

ThTs definitely a solid fucking point. As j Gold likes to say back when Lew Al Cindor was playing college ball.

LA’s now not so nascent gourmet burger craze was more than two decades and that ain’t no
Fucking joke.

But wait just one fucking second …

Their pies are still beyond exceptional as if a jolly cherubic Midwestern grannie had baked them herself with supermarket ingredients to match though in the most delicous of fucking ways of course.

1 Like

Don’t they own the building?

Yes they do…

Indeed they do.

Martha Gramble or Gamble. I believe the granddaughter of the original proprietors.

One of the few places that won’t go under due to losing a fucking lease.

And that ain’t no
Fucking joke !!!

1 Like

In James Ellroy’s 1981 novel Brown’s Requiem, Fritz Brown orders three cheeseburgers and two coffees to go from The Apple Pan.

three coffees and two cheeseburgers and two coffees and a slab of coconut cream pie sounds about right just for me and my fucking self.

and that’s no fucking joke.

thanks for the update, might just have to read that novel.

didn’t he write glowingly and livingly about the fucking PDC in dtla ???

1 Like

Yeah, I prefer In N out too and get annoyed by that line system. But I get the nostalgia and for what it is, it’s decent. There’s plenty of places even with nostalgia the food is horrible. If I was passing by and no line, it’d be decent to pop into and the price is reasonable for what it is

1 Like

Depending on the time of day when it’s open I prefer the combo at Marty’s by the fire station at rancho park. Now that shit is dope. Vienna beef dog w bacon and grilled peppers and onions and cheese and their neon green habenero sauce works too. No buttermilk dispenser tho.

Fuck yeah! Marty’s firedog with chili, cheese and pastrami then chased with a buttermilk bar from Primo’s.

… followed by crushing substernal chest pain.

Just think Chris Farley from the “bears” sketches pounding his chest.

A room full of Ditkas… “Da Bearss!”

That was no match compared to chilaquiles con dos huevos y carnitas. :flushed:

Or a loco moco sub fried rice with island fried chicken and a side of potato mac :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

My doc says I have a chunk of polish sausage stuck in the lining of my heart…

1 Like

Where is the chilaquiles con dos huevos y carnitas from?

Does apple pan always have the banana creme pie? I don’t see it on the online menu.

Yeah, it’s just always there.

Thank you.

El Taquito
10217 Valley Blvd
El Monte CA 91731