April Weekend Rundown (2016)

Sakura ebi - Yum!. I’ve never had them gunkan style. Go’s normally serves it as a tempura.

I truly appreciate the extra effort you put into your reviews, @Chowseeker1999! My mushroom taco was well executed, but on the bland side. It was by no means a terrible meal. Given that they just opened, they’re probably working out the kinks. I’m willing to give them a try later on. I live close by, so it’s convenient for me.

Hi @MaladyNelson,

No worries. But seriously, the first visit’s flavors were just on point and really good. I’ll maybe give them a 3rd try some time, but from what you all said on these latest visits, I’m not hopeful.

1 Like

DeSano Pizza Bakery:

Napoletana Pizza (Rapini, Salsiccia, Mozzarella di Bufala):

Really solid pies. Crust was spot on. :slight_smile: It was thin, but not super thin so probably something @lapizzamaven would dig. :slight_smile:

Broccoli Rabe was great with their Salsiccia Sausage, slight bitterness and bright vegetables with delicious Sausage and the fresh Buffalo Mozzarella.

7 Likes

How do you eat so much? Tell us your secret.

1 Like

##Birch

Arancini :rice_ball:

Rabbit baklava #waitertheresahareonmyplate :rabbit:

Spanish octopus - this sucker was so tender it should get its own show on the hallmark channel :octopus:

Butter lettuce :pig2:

Toffee pudding, burnt sugar ice cream

12 Likes

Ricky’s Fish Tacos

Fish Taco:

Shrimp Taco:

Solid as always. Hope to see their Pacific Spiny Lobster Tacos back in.

8 Likes

##Raku

Sea robin sashimi

Enoki wrapped bacon

Teba wing :chicken:

Hamachi

Pig ears :pig2: :ear:

Pig cheeks

Pig ribs

Tsukune

Kobe bryant with garlic :cow2:

Fries with eyes :fries: :eyes:

Fried sea robin :fish:

10 Likes

@PorkyBelly, nice! I need to go back. How was the sea robin fish? 2 ways?

1 Like

Rabbit baklava looks great!

1 Like

##Elite
All this and dim sum
MSG = makes shit good

9 Likes

Roast @PorkyBelly looks good :grinning:

2 Likes

The sea robin was cooked well, the meat is very mild so i preferred the sashmi over the fried.

1 Like

So delicious-looking! What’s the first dish? :slight_smile:

Beef reeeeebs and ice cream #life

Vanilla ice cream at Creams and Dreams (insert joke)

Gjusta #life

Prime rib butcher :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Fish plate

Cauliflower

Potato and pea salad

Salmon collar

Mochi

Snack at Loqui

Mushroom taco

Carne asada taco

Crispy tortilla was good

SimBala

Sausage

Rasoi Curry Point

Thali

10 Likes

“No Meat Here” sandwich from Bachi Burger (it really named a “sandwich”), photo of a new ramen place coming to Sawtelle (does anyone know this place? The website is http://www.tentenyu-us.com), and 101 Noodle Express (I felt like I needed to try it again about @bulavinaka mentioned it).

I don’t know if I’m misremember my first/last time at the Culver City 101 Noodle Express… I felt like the beef roll was sublime; this time, I merely felt like it was very good. Not sure what the difference was. I also remember them having dumplings on the menu; not so this time around. The XLB were very forgettable. We also ordered “minced pork and eggplant on noodles.” That kind of stuff doesn’t really work when you put it in a styrofoam box, esp if the pork is in chunks and not minced! Argh. The sauce (yes, there’s some level of sauce in the dish) was actually pretty good, but this is also a skip. But at least the beef roll was good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you do the ribs yourself? They look amazing.

2 Likes

“Damn Daniel!!!”

1 Like

Yah I smoked them at home. Thanks!

3 Likes

I seriously just googled that right now. I still have no idea what is going on. :joy: