Artelice Patisserie (Sawtelle Japantown): A Pictorial Essay

Mango, passion fruit, coconut and pistachio.

2 Likes

That is quite similar to the “exotic” from ST Patisserie. I may need to try this place to see how it stacks up.

2 Likes

Your posts on that killer buche Noel came to mind when I saw this dessert. No idea how Artelice’s stacks up since I have yet to try ST’s.

Hi @bulavinaka,

Thanks (and @J_L too of course :slight_smile:). How do the flavors compare with Patisserie Chantilly? I might need to try this out soon and see how it compares with ST Patisserie. Thanks.

Either way, they look gorgeous. :slight_smile:

I haven’t been to Patisserie Chantilly in a while so I can’t really comment on the comparison. With that said, I feel the making of a post with you rolling through SoCal’s finest patisseries.

6 Likes

Join patisserie used to be good too.

Jin? They moved to SE Culver City. Their Venice landlord told them in so many words that Abbot Kinney was wasn’t good enough for them anymore.

Jin, yes.

I misapplied

I wonder if I get there around 8:00 pm, what is my chances? Emptied display cases?

Pretty good. (I took those photos around 8:30PM, AFAIR)

Very pretty offerings, well executed, a bit too sweet for my taste.

[quote=“bulavinaka, post:27, topic:5247, full:true”]
Jin? They moved to SE Culver City. Their Venice landlord told them in so many words that Abbot Kinney was wasn’t good enough for them anymore.
[/quote]Wait! What? Things sure have changed in Venice.

Edit: Scratch that. I thought it read “was too good”. Lack of sleep. “Not good enough” is more like it.

Gorgeous J_L

1 Like

I was being sarcastic. The landlord told Jin to start paying triple their current rent at that time if they wanted to renew their lease. This has been common around Venice for quite a few years now.

1 Like

Okay, then I stand by my original comment. Things sure have changed in Venice. How are the Shoreline Crips getting along with their (not so) new neighbors?

Most are dead, doing time, or the family and friends have cashed in on their homes (if they weren’t in section-8 around Oakwood area), took the $$ and moved to places like Lancaster and Riverside. Shootings used to be common - now, not so (a construction worker did get gunned down last year @ 7th/Brooks - no reason). “Eye in the sky” used to be the same. Maybe a few times a year now.

Kreation is now where Jin used to be. Definitely not unique like Jin, but they stay busy for now.

1 Like

[quote=“bulavinaka, post:36, topic:5247”]
or the family and friends have cashed in on their homes
[/quote]I was thinking (hoping) maybe a few were able to make some cash on grand-mommy’s home. I wouldn’t exactly call Lancaster or Riverside a “deluxe apartment in the sky high”, but better than death or prison.

Thanks for the kind words.

1 Like

Update: Now HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. A regular stop for me now. Bikini season is ruined.

3 Likes

Stumbled up this place while going to Balconi coffee. It’s situated right next door, at a location where a gentleman would make crepe ice cream faces on his desserts. Now it serves pretty amazing delicacies. You can get coffee at Balconi and sit at a table in front, enjoying the desserts.

I’ve been four times now and each time, I found the desserts to be excellent. I am not a fan of the macaroons, though. I had a matcha green tea that was bitter and the other flavors were good, but somehow not to my taste.

The tirasmu dessert is delicious! Chocolate dessert was also fantastic! The chocolate eclair is heaven for a dark chocolate lover - but I preferred the caramel.

I think the milk chocolate one with nuts was called Roche and is so rich and decadent!

Each time I go, they have a larger selection.

They also now have mini versions of the desserts.

The only off putting thing was they offered to sell me a box for the maracoons. That seems a little chintzy.

8 Likes