August 2016 Weekend Rundown

is that the joint on the corner near the wells fargo. on…forman and riverside?

had an o.k. chirashi bowl there.

yup. i’m not a fan of their chirashi bowl personally (something about the rice), but the assorted lunch specials are unbelievable QPR.

better chirashi bowl across the street and upstairs. i can never remember the name of the place.

thanks for the lunch special tip. i’ll try that next time.
i’ll say this about kabosu…you get a lot of food with that chirashi bowl. i mean
like soup, a salad, etc.

yeah that’s what I’m saying, QPR is incredible. The ten zaru soba above was like $11.50, no soup or salad. If I would’ve gone with the basic 3 shrimp/5 vegetable tempura, it would’ve come with miso soup + gigantic salad for $10.50.

You’re not talking about their sister restaurant Yuzu are you? I can’t think of an upstairs sushi joint in the area.

1 Like

You’re too kind, @TheCookie! :blush: And yes to TEMPURA or FRIED FOODS for the next DOTM!

Thanks for the recommendation, @Haeldaur!

There is no sadder culinary truth, @J_L

1 Like

maybe it is yuzu. why do i think it was on the second floor of that strip mall on the south side of the street?
i guess i drink more than i should during the day.

#44 at Langer’s

6 Likes

I want that bread!

2 Likes

Just the bread? :smiley:. But true… It does look perfect.

I think most will agree that while finding better examples of pastrami is getting easier, the bread is still the Achilles Heel that separates a sublime experience (Langer’s) from the rest. I mean look at that bread! :yum:

2 Likes

I gotta say, the bread was my favorite part of the 44.

1 Like

Yeah… It really is great. @wienermobile is so good at illustrating such things too :yum:.

1 Like

Tease.

A trip to Pasadena…

7 Likes

Gjusta Gjusta Gjusta

Okra

Prime fucking Reeeeeeb :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Chicken Parm :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Salmon Belly salad :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Pumpernickel brownie to go cuz full

11 Likes

Hi @A5KOBE,

!!! :grinning: :heart_eyes:

So good! I’ve never had their Salmon Belly Salad (must’ve rotated in this weekend).

How was it? :slight_smile:

Love their Pumpernickel Fudge Brownie! (and everything else you had LOL)

2 Likes

Lookin’ good, @A5KOBE! :raised_hands:t3::revolving_hearts:

I’m finally going to Gjusta on Wednesday, @Chowseeker1999. Should I get a falafel or veggie sandwich? Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hi @MaladyNelson,

Both are very good. The Veggie Sandwich is my favorite of the two, but I’d be pretty happy with either one. :wink: Enjoy!

If you like the salmon belly, then you will like the salad. I put it on some pumpernickel and pow! Of course I adore the pumpernickel too.

Thanks to @bulavinaka I put the brownie on the must order list. Also grabbed the chili hummus to go, I highly recommend that for just having on anything. Hahaha

3 Likes

Enjoy. I don’t want to overhype this place but damn it is good. Hopefully it lives up to the hype. Haha