August 2022 Rundown

ramen shack

tori chintan tsukemen
special thanks to @noddles for the special delivery.

14 Likes

Chintan:

清湯

PURE OR CLEAR

HOT WATER

RIP Ramen Shack (last day was July 30)…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgnxOGTuID_/?hl=en

3 Likes

湯 (in Chinese, at least) is soup.

清湯 is clear or light broth (again in Chinese, at least).

2 Likes

Damn that place was so good the one time I went :frowning:

Have a Dodger Dog this weekend for Vin. Man that voice. Still have memories of laying down on the couch as a kid watching the Dodgers and listening to Vin slowly falling asleep

17 Likes

I’m just gonna leave this here. The sushi wasn’t as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

8 Likes

You should have added a bunch of soy sauce to that plate and some sriracha for the hell of it

3 Likes

I love lox with garlic and herb cream cheese

4 Likes

Venice x Centinela triple bang

In front of Mitsuwa tonight we’ve got 3 vendors: the taco stand that’s usually there ft braised meats + Al pastor, takuma’s burger and a seemingly generic JFC.

1. Taco stand - pretty good Al pastor actually. Nice char, better than average tortillas, plentiful meat. $2 a pop - better than my 2019/2020 Leo’s trips.

2. Takuma - skipped the burger but got the takoyaki. Might be the best I’ve had in the city so far…almost shatteringly crisp exterior, fantastic.

3. JFC - when I finally approached I realized their gimmick was using a dry ramen crust. Well damn it actually worked here, because it was also on top of excellently marinated and cooked chicken. I am amazed by what this one dude can do on this very, very street setup.

Would eat at all 3 again.

23 Likes