Awesome Omusubi

Stopped by Sunny Blue tonight on my bike for a snack. On their specials board were a pork curry & a a spicy tuna with bacon both of which were good. However the other special I got was called pork me with Pork, crispy Potato Skins, and bacon. All I can say is it was the bomb

6 Likes

That is a great restaurant dish name! lol

1 Like

Where is @MaladyNelson??? I assume this would be right up her (I think Malady is a her?) alley… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol! isn’t she pescatarian?

3 Likes

Yah I think malady recommended this place along with Dommy a few months back. That’s how I found out about it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

BTW, they explained to me the last time I was there that the tuna with bacon is actually 100% bacon free. The “bacon” in question is apparently hand shaved slices of dried bonito.

4 Likes

Ha ha, I feel like my ears were burning. Confirmed, I’m a female pescatarian and a fan of Sunny Blue.

In addition to their great onigiri/omusubi, they make really nice froyo, particularly the traditional Japanese flavors like black sesame, matcha, and azuki bean. The only froyo dud I’ve had was a cucumber one, which was a bit odd. You can sample the flavors before you make your purchase.

3 Likes