Bad web sites of yet-to-open restaurants: threat or menace?

Their website is password protected. What the bloody fuck?

https://www.saffysla.com/

1 Like

Try Password1234

7 Likes

Paging all Kaiser, Childrens and Hollywood pres employees…

2 Likes

e.g. you :wink:

2 Likes

Bang bang potential with found oyster too

3 Likes

Neither “Password1234” nor “1234” worked for me.

2 Likes

I tried Hummus123 that didn’t work

4 Likes

Site admin is going to wonder why FTC has so many shitty amateur hackers

Bavel1234 didn’t work either

8 Likes

try sergio1234

8 Likes

And wolvesmouth

That’s amazing! I have the same combination on my luggage.

6 Likes

This is just annoying AF.

1 Like

I had a thought: the OP said it was “opening soon.” Maybe they haven’t even settled on a menu or prices yet.

But yes, annoying AF.

they’re not even open yet, no need to get bloody fucking annoyed AF.

7 Likes

It’s just plain lousy marketing planning to
put up an incomplete website,particularly without an”under construction” flag. Why frustrate potential customers?

3 Likes

It’s a damn tease and super frustrating. Rename the restaurant “Blue Balls.”

They’re not even marketing yet, it’s just us thirsty Bavel and Bestia fans hunting for information :joy: A website with content isn’t going to satisfy anyone anyways, we’re all looking for that opening date and opening menu. I’d rather them focus on getting the restaurant up and running if they’re stretched for manpower, I’m happy to cut them some slack on the website.

5 Likes

Yeah calm down on the website construction status (or lack thereof). Most restaurants leverage IG as their first line of comms and primary platform anyways. It’s not a damn M&A deal or IPO. The fact that they don’t even have one there means that the website is nowhere near the priority here. Would it help if they printed out menus and have flyers around the neighborhood as well?

Edit: also seeing how many domain trolls there are in the industry it’s better to just have an URL and park it with a placeholder landing page. Sorry it doesn’t have a status update for you. Hope your lives don’t revolve around this.

9 Likes

I understand all that, but a simple “watch this space” page would have been less puzzling and frustrating.

1 Like

Fair enough, but other than a PR-coordinated post on Eater LA where there was a discrete link to the page I don’t think they officially announced even the restaurant opening on their accounts or a site/IG account to “watch this space.” If folks are that eager to track the website I’d recommend some track changes plugin (though that does remind me of the times when restaurants get their ABC licenses and the agency makes that info public, then folks get mad that this info wasn’t announced on a website or whatever). I’d give folks some leeway…we’re not public shareholders with misinformation here. They can announce whenever they’re ready and willing.

4 Likes