Banned from Chowhound?

We always said that if you weren’t suspended occasionally you simply weren’t try hard enough.

2 Likes

Welcome.

I like to think of FTC as the island of misfit toys.

6 Likes

“I like to think of FTC as the island of misfit toys.”

:rofl::+1:

2 Likes

Welcome! Pull up a chair and break bread with us - also be ready for the occasional food brawl, serious thread drift, and intriguing food/history/culture/traffic in LA insights.

2 Likes

Only the best. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The gals don’t fit well either - except here - that’s a compliment.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, I do recognize a lot of names. Honestly, I don’t know if I’ll post much, I feel defeated. I’m bit fed up with forums at the moment, but someone’s link led me here.

This came about the weekend before my birthday and a big weekend trip to LA. Now, I have no desire to go. I’ve been reporting on TripAdvisor, it’s just as bad as Yelp.

I’m rethinking what my next life move is…

Thank you for the warm welcome. Someone recommended Mouthfulsfood.com and I think I broke it. :fearful:
It went offline the day after I signed up.

I hope I don’t break your site.

Same ElsieD that’s on eGullet?

I can’t imagine losing my desire to go to LA unless maybe I had food poisoning or something like that.

Welcome! Please share some details about your upcoming trip (where you’re staying, will you have a car, distance willing to travel, budget, food likes/dislikes/allergies), and let us FTCers help you curate a food-centric L.A. Birthday experience! (Maybe on a separate thread on the LA Board… :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I grew up in LA, but yes, I’m still excited to visit and eat and eat and eat…
You guys have an amazing LA board.

1 Like

I’m staying in Santa Clarita, because I have to be in Fresno for business on Sunday.

Yes, I’ll have a car.

Budget, roughly $150/day, I was thinking $100 for a big bday meal, but honestly, I’m not sure I’m up to it.

I’ll be traveling along 210 Fwy, so I’ll pass through Pasadena and Burbank. I’m willing to take the Metro as far as Hollywood from Pasadena.

I was born/raised in LA, SGV to be more exact. I know the area well. I’m just not motivated. I’ll eat anything, the newer the better, as I’ve probably been to the older restaurants, circa 2008. I know Thai Town and DTLA like the back of my hand (well, at least I used to).

Thanks.

1 Like

Y’all just did a great one for someone who will be without a car. I was very impressed.

1 Like

If you want recommendations you should post that on the LA board, more people will see it.

1 Like

Got it.

1 Like

Nope, another one. :slight_smile: I do have an account there but haven’t used it in years.

1 Like

Oh darn, I got excited there for a sec. But I’m happy to have met you.

1 Like

“Someone recommended Mouthfulsfood.com 2 and I think I broke it. :fearful:
It went offline the day after I signed up”.

Unfortunately, we were back up and running pretty soon thereafter. I spend way too much time there.

1 Like

Not banned… but belatedly frustrated, and figuring out that people “relocated”…

2 Likes

I occasionally ‘go there’ looking for a specific thing and find it incredibly hard to search/navigate/whatever. Is it still a busy place?