Banned from Chowhound?

Welcome aboard. Spread the word.

Glad to have you here.

1 Like

looking fwd to it. i started a pretty healthy WFD group (“what’s for dinner” on CH/homecooking) on facebook - with 70 members at this point :slight_smile: … but that obviously doesn’t cover all that CH used to be. no mods, tho.

bonus.

Bring them over …

1 Like

well, then robert’ll hafta do the woyk and establish a HC board, no?

Why not ask him?

wellll - perhaps he is checking the input these days, so – there’s certainly no rush.

several months ago, I caught them neck-deep in their own rubbish – for once I hadn’t started (or escalated) the situation, and was forwarded an email that I wasn’t supposed to get – basically saying that the other individual was a royal pita but I wouldn’t raise as much hell.

Except I did after reading that. Shortest. ban. ever.

1 Like

Genius

Xoxoxo ( is that 20?)

Nice P!
Let us know if they catch it and harass - or terminate - you.

1 Like

I can create additional boards (categories in the Discourse model) if there’s demand and someone volunteers to moderate.

at the moment it would appear that this site has a more regional touch to it (not that there’s anything wrong with that) - perhaps once you get more requests for additional boards.

it’s your playground, after all '-)

I’m happy to create topical categories as well, I’m just not going to moderate ones I don’t follow myself. The SF Bay Area board’s the only one I followed regularly on Chowhound.

1 Like

The site redesign was simply the last straw for me.

The cute girl with the overly cherubic dimpled fucking cheeks was the fucking nail in the proverbial coffin for me.

Just joking.

It was the corruption of the entire site that felt like it was going on for the better part of two years or more now.

And that’s no fucking joke.

1 Like

Chowhound is total and utter garbage, and has been for quite a while. I’m hoping this will take off and we won’t have to tolerate CH anymore.

I was suspended at least twice and banned twice. The last time I was banned was by none other than “vipgeorges.”

3 Likes

Hi there everybody! So nice to see so many of my friends from CH. You may have been wrong, but you weren’t boring!
I too was ostracized albeit with the possibility of redemption if I accepted villeinage. I think that I have had enough. CH had stopped being fun.

I actually very much got the impression that she’s a very decent person IRL – she’s just been handed the helm of a sinking ship, and told to continue the beatings until morale improves.

I feel sorry for her, truth be told.

I’ll respectfully disagree.

Hi, Robert:

The mods at CH have always made up their excuses for what they do as they go along. It’s a working definition of ‘arbitrary’.

I haven’t–yet–been banned, but they threatened banishment because I “abused” poor Georges by wishing that the next boss had humility and listened to the users.

I’m thrilled you’ve given expats a great alternative, and look forward to contributing here at FTC.

Any chance of starting Cookware and Greater Seattle/PNW boards?

Aloha,
Kaleo

8 Likes