Bari - W. 3rd

I :heart: Bari. Review forthcoming!

3 Likes

Me too… but I am concerned if it gets enough love as it should beyond us on the board. How full has the dining room been, because every time I’ve gone it hasn’t been more than 1/3 occupied.

1 Like

For the winter too they close the window slats and keep that huge wooden door shut so Bari looks closed for the most part, if you’re even aware it’s a restaurant

I know it’s to reserve heat but still looks off if you don’t know what’s up

2 Likes

anyone been in the last few months?

1 Like

I went about 10 days ago, had appetizers, some skewers, (no pasta) - it was excellent all around.

1 Like

Interesting. This is making sense. The last time we were at Bari (a few months ago) I thought of the FTC posts wondering how well they were doing. Our server didn’t mention names but had a lot to say lol. They alluded to a management power struggle and had criticisms for the direction some or someone wanted to take the restaurant. Did you like the new menu? The skewers were my favorite. I hope it all works out. We really enjoyed our meals there.

3 Likes

Yeah lol that’s a tough stretch of 3rd st for the Bari concept. Berri, Toca Madera, c.o.d., phoenix, lots of spots with their own kinda clientele. I bet if they were closer to Oste they might have an easier time.

The only constant since opening has been one dude who I found out is the owner. He’s super cool.

1 Like

I hear ya. I looked at C.O.D.’s menu recently and they obviously weren’t making it with the original seafood bar concept. They’ve now gone sushi, which is curious with Katsuya practically next door.

I hope Bari survives. There’s a lot of good there.

2 Likes