Batali's Officially a Goner

If you have any actual information, why not post a link to it here, instead of conducting the online version of a whisper campaign? Vague rumor-mongering does no one any favors.

1 Like

Oh, I see you want insult and start a fight with me over the Bastianich’s. Typical. Lately I wonder which side your bread is buttered.

1 Like

Google “Bastianich controversy”. It’s not difficult to find the issues that I recall being reported in the news at large.

1 Like

I did. He said some stupid shit and apologized after Grubstreet called him on it. Is there something out there more damning than that?

Oh I’m sure of it . Its rampant in the world . It’s only noted because because of his high profile and being in the media. I worked in a granola factory and it was happening there .

1 Like

That’s up to you and what you want to believe. I saw more than what you mentioned. Wage theft, B&B boys club, bait&switch. I’m not one to follow the people stuff/goings-on in the food industry. But when they come to light in the general news, it’s hard not to pay attention.

1 Like

If this has actually “come to light in the general news,” I would welcome the opportunity to read about it. I don’t disbelieve you. I just find it very odd that there’s a lot of nudging and winking in this part of the thread, and very little of this:

i.e., copy that we can review ourselves, without depending on oblique intimations.

1 Like

All of the mentioned issues DID make the news - apparent by the hits and where these were reported. Again - I don’t follow this stuff so I’m not informed from a-z on these issues - but the items are there for anyone to see.

One lawsuit appears to have been initially avoided by settling out of court. The bait&switch lawsuit was initially dismissed then appealed. Not sure where it went from there. Another item was employees accusing Mario AND Joe of forming a boy’s club environment.

Again - it’s what you (or anyone else) wants to believe. But a couple of expressions come to mind: “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire,” and “birds of a feather…”

3 Likes

It’s called discretion. We were discretely trying to say there is legitimate stuff out there about the family you may have missed. I’m not starting stuff. It’s out there! What’s with the personal attacks? Believe it or don’t believe it. Google it or don’t google it. Patronize their restaurants or don’t patronize their restaurants. Who gives a f_ck? I don’t even know you.

P.S. @robert, he’s admitted to knowing more than you wrote, which makes you not confused but obtuse. So while you’re regurgitating his press release you should quote him accurately.

3 Likes

This seems like an example of the Mandela Effect to me.

If anyone accused Bastianich of any sexually inappropriate behavior, Eater, the Daily News, and the other news sources that have been covering the accusations against Batali would be all over it.

Bastianich has explicitly denied having known anything about Batali’s misbehavior other than inappropriate speech, and he apologized for not having challenged Batali about that. Again, if there was a scrap of evidence that that was not true, or even hearsay from someone in a position to know, Eater et al. would be all over it.

1 Like

Oh, please. It’s not what I want to believe. It’s what you have evidence to support. I provided a link to the the (moderately damning) story I found. I don’t know what “bait&switch lawsuit” you’re talking about, but if it’s been reported, why not lead me to some reporting from some actual reporters?

1 Like

Discretion would be NOT POSTING ANYTHING AT ALL. What you’re engaging in is rumor-mongering. If there’s “legitimate stuff out there” that I may have missed, by all means, point me to it. Otherwise you’re just blowing smoke.

2 Likes

Really? You can’t read any of the Google hits? If I don’t attach the hits here, they don’t exist? You win.

2 Likes

You seem like a clever person. Hint: plaintiff claims Lidia promises plaintiff one thing - gets something else; thus lawsuit. The lawsuit really exists. Look it up. Oh - forgot - I didn’t attach it so it doesn’t exist. You win.

1 Like

A: Bastianich did x

B: Oh really? I have read about y, but I haven’t seen anything about x.

A: Oh, well look harder. He did x1, x2, and x3.

B: I’m looking. I don’t see anything. Source please?

A: It’s obvious, just look.

B: I’m looking! I don’t see anything.

A: Ugh, do I have to Google it for you?

B: Yes, please.

A: No.

It’s completely beyond me how someone can have the energy to repeatedly suggest performing a google search while simultaneously being either unable or unwilling to perform said google search himself.

@small_h and @Starchtrade, I mentioned already that I can’t vouch with any certainty of the accusations made against them. When I refer to believing whatever you want to, take this literally. I want others to judge these issues on their own. Posting a source on any particular issue most likely won’t do any justice either way. Heck - I may even be accused of bias since you already have shown doubts to the validity of what the family is accused of for the simple fact of not attaching articles. I will say for myself that I personally suspect at least some truth exists.

1 Like

This is a very reasonable take (and you might consider leading with it next time!).

Disagree, respectfully, as it will at least provide third party support for any assertions you make.

There’s so much stupidity in this thread.

Just because something is on the Internet doesn’t make it factually correct. And just because something can’t be found on the Internet doesn’t make it unfactual.

3 Likes

Time to lock it