Bazaar Meat

7 Likes

But where’s Somni tho?

2 Likes

Somni probably wasn’t very profitable considering the large team that was onboard.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYSFhGTDZNF/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

yeah, but damn, what a restaurant!

1 Like

Never got a chance to redeem this meal…

6 Likes

I think aitor wants to do his own thing.

1 Like

One of a kind in LA for sure especially after Ink closed.

1 Like

Any word on what he’s up to? Would love to eat his food again

I get the feeling he is doing private events and maybe preparing to open up a restaurant just by looking at his insta. Can’t imagine what it would take to book him for a small dinner party though

1 Like

That was one of the early food bummers of covid for me, I had paid for 3 reservations for somni and had to get refunded from my cc company after all communication ceased and also had a 350 dollar gift certificate to auburn :frowning:

5 Likes

private dinners and r&d

Seriously? I can’t imagine the hotel and the restaurant group being that unprofessional to just ghost you like that. That would turn me off any of their future restaurants completely.

But Somni is a huge loss for fine dining in LA.

1 Like

Well that is exactly what happened. Emailed them got a response to move date when they reopened, obviously months pass due to pandemic, email them for a refund nothing occurs try calling and emailing again and finally give up and go to cc company

5 Likes

I had to file a complaint with my credit card bank to get a refund for tickets to a concert that was cancelled due to lockdown.

1 Like

Does “bazaar meat” bring up an image of a third-world market with a shelf of room-temperature hunks of flesh with flies buzzing around? or is that just me?

6 Likes

Maybe “Bizarre Meat”?

3 Likes

reminds me of a new andrew zimmern show.

Substitute fish for meat, throw in some smog and that’s pretty much the concerns @Chowseeker1999 had regarding Shunji’s outdoor setup

1 Like

Given the menu at the original Las Vegas branch, it’s at close to the opposite end of the dining spectrum from a third-world market.