Bé Ù Silverlake- Vietnamese street and home style comfort food

:heart_eyes:

Yum! Yall making country boy miss the city

3 Likes

banh mi thit nuong
pretty tasty. baguette was light and crusty, pork and pickles were good. didn’t taste much of the pate. would have liked a dash of maggi, next time maybe I’ll follow @hppzz and byom.

lemongrass chicken summer rolls
unfortunately they still need to work on the the summer rolls. like @LAgirl, mine were completely ripped down the middle before I even picked it up. they should have never even left the kitchen. peanut sauce was good.

9 Likes

LOL I wonder if they said fuck it and just put it in the box like that or if they spontaneously exploded.

Now it makes me think about Schrödinger’s summer roll.

4 Likes

I think this cat was dead before it was born.

3 Likes

Those rolls are amateur hour

2 Likes

yikes! that is even more bursting at the seams than mine was!! mine was just wrapped very sloppy and open across the bottom (one of mine was correctly sealed/wrapped). I almost grabbed a sandwich from them yesterday, but felt like grabbing a burrito instead. Hopefully they will work out these issues because I will be back to support them.

3 Likes

Weird about those summer rolls. It’s been a month. :confused:

1 Like

ooof…that’s unacceptable.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same. My mom would think I’d have lost my mind if she saw me making rolls like that.

2 Likes

i honestly suspect it’s a product issue and not a training/staff issue. If you use the wrong rice paper wrappers (and believe me, they are not all the same and can vary greatly based on intended use) even ours will break. I’ll see if i can reach out to them and report back.

6 Likes

Nah look at that first roll. There is way too much salad packed in the middle.

good point. we chop our lettuce and herbs up like brodard does and mix it up. it makes it much more easier to roll it compactly without bursting. maybe combination of technique and suboptimal wrapper.

3 Likes

Mine was like that as well, at least they are consistent.

1 Like

Full disclaimer: I went on June 6th when they were still in soft opening.

Ok feed back delivered! They were using a rice flour only brand rice paper! These don’t have the addition of tapioca so there’s no stretch/elasticity, hence very easily breaks when handled-or can spontaneously burst if stuff too much. The chef told me they just switched to 3 ladies brand and will work on it and thanked for the feed back.

9 Likes

7 Likes

that’s great that you were able to help them out… and, YES! we want them to succeed!!

3 Likes

LOL. Love the disclaimer that we’re not yelpers.

11 Likes

I don’t know them personally so wanted to be cautious with feedback in case they got defensive, but no they appreciated and switching out to new wrappers

8 Likes