Beef rib joint, maybe only during dinner hours in OC, maybe garden grove or westminster nearby to my iced cafe sua dua joints, anyone happen to remember the fucking name ? thanks

Yeah the blueberry cornbread is like a poorly conceived muffin. If was cooked fine, it just didn’t taste all that good and did not belong with the rest of the food Mac n cheese was above average.

mine was a touch grainy. But I liked how they served it in the crock and got what they were trying to go for.

Bottom line, I still liked the brisket and the pork ribs. Heck I’d take the brisket over Horse Thief’s any day of the week. Four straight trips I had of bad brisket at Horse Thief. The last time, even though I was hungry I didn’t finish my order. In my experience Horse Thief brisket just sucks. But I’m lucky to live close to Maple Block and I’m willing to drive to Smoke City or Compton Bludso if I want a change of pace.

2 Likes

Now MBMC needs to up their beef rib game. I think MBMC has the best spare ribs and brisket in town easily. Love that they leave the somewhat crispy membrane on the ribs too, it gives them another texture and taste that I adore.

I am definitely going to tell them next time I visit. Perhaps if they get tons of requests they might add it. Customer is king!

1 Like

They already do the ultra-rare smoked prime rib though…I feel that that is their obvious substitute.

What if you had one douchebag who knew he was a douchebag but didn’t care that he treated others badly, and another douchebag who knew he was a douchebag and regretted it, tried in earnest to fix it and just kept failing :smile:

No substitutions please.

Is this from Smoking Ribs?

i’d like to fucking know where this is from too.

maybe i’ll hit it up next weekend.

it’s way to cheek to fucking jowl this weekend.

That is from Black’s BBQ mail-order. Well worth the money IMO.

Black’s in Lockhart? If so, that’s surprising.

That looks very different from what I saw there. The color is very light and looks underdone compared to what I saw there.

Fucking mail order ribs . Who does that ? Yea , I’ll have one please .

my beef rib from last year’s APL pop-up.

2 Likes

Hunk o meat lollipop…I approve.

Yeah, definitely from Blacks in Lockhart.

The bone looks like a plate rib… but because of the thickness, it must be a short rib?..

If I had to guess, because I’ve never cooked a full rack of plate ribs, I’d say it’s a big short rib (they can come as large as 5+ pounds per rack of 4 bones) because plate ribs, from what I’ve seen, generally have a thin layer of meat and sinew right above the main layer of meat.

It was a short rib