Belizean Fish Market

Adams and Western area. A small corridor of Belize. Most Angeleno’s have probably no clue. I don’t even think JGold has ventured around here.

Lucas from Eater does have a video and an article on this place but neither the video or the article mentions just how good the Belizean Stewed Beans are!!!

I don’t think I ever had beans this good. Comes with rice and plantains. Upon learning more Belizean food, stewed beans and rice is a staple and pure soul food. Everyone does it a little different, at BFM it is rich and savory. One of the best things I eaten this year.

I went on a Saturday and oxtails were the special of the day. Fall off tender! Also tried the panades, they came with this really good onion relish that you top off.

Uploading…

5 Likes

Trying to upload a pic on my poverty iPhone

Oh well use your imagination as they say

1 Like

Sounds like a great fish market

Have you had the beans at Belizean Paradise on La Brea? Wonder how it compares. I go to this one often

Joan & Sisters, right? Went there about a year ago. Fried fish, rice & beans - All great. Thanks for the reminder.

No. Joan and Sisters is close to Exposition and Belizean Fish Market is near Adams there are also a couple of other Belizean places along that stretch of Western to MLK.

1 Like