Belle Vie (Brentwood)

Not sure. Partner stopped by Belle Vie to pick up some wine, so I don’t know how in-depth the conversation was.

1 Like

Went earlier this week.
As usual it was outstanding from charcuterie to deviled eggs to rratatouille with wine to match and great atmosphere they managed to create in the back parking lot. Highly recommended.

5 Likes

Closed, likely for good. :cry:

If true, so sad.

Info came from the Vincent himself. :frowning:

I really enjoyed each time I was there, and hope the best for all that was a part of it.

1 Like

yep, very sad

Oh no, this breaks my heart. I love Belle Vie, and seeing Vincent is always a joy.

2 Likes

I’ve never been to Belle Vie. It was on my Westside to-go list. But my sympathies to the owners and you regulars. I’ve read how much you :hearts: it and cared for the owners - especially with good French spots being scarce in L.A. This really sucks.

Signage has been changed to “Upper Crust Pizz…” (I assume it said “Pizzeria”). It looks like @Thor mentioned the place (BH location) in 11/2016. Has anyone been more recently?

1 Like

They are out of Boston (but not the Greek style of Boston pie) and also have a location on Main in Culver City, I have found the pizza to be pretty good at both the B.H. and C.C. locations, though Upper Crust is not one of my “go to” places for pizza. More like I’m nearby and in the mood for a good slice.

2 Likes

Originally, wasn’t this location a pizzeria? Can’t remember the name. Di Vita’s, maybe?

2 Likes

I think so. Partner and I ate their once and that was more than enough. I do think it’s a bit ironic that the space is returning to what it once was.

I’m still heartbroken about Belle Vie, but I will enjoy having a place within decent walking distance (but still just far enough to make it feel like a bit of exercise) where I can grab a few slices when I’m not in the mood for Prime…

1 Like

Anyone know anything about the Draycott (aside from this?)

The e-mail partner received says, “Samarco, Belle Vie’s inimitable leader, Emmy award winner will be overseeing service, day- today operations and menu curation, alonqside the Draycott team, bringing back his hits from the much-adored restaurant, including the Angels’ Eggs, F.F.F. (fresh french fries), Baked Raclette, Warm Goat Cheese, Poulet aux Morilles, Steak Entrecote, and more. He’ll even be bringing in artwork from the restaurant to adorn The Draycott walls, his music playlists, wine selections and pianist, to transport guests to the Belle Vie days.”

I don’t have any indication that chef Cedric is involved, but I will be trying this out…

I go to the Draycott often, it’s a place for Palisades/Westside locals, mostly. Food is good, albeit very expensive. Full bar, great drinks - again, expensive.

The owner was on one of the Real Housewives shows, I think London.

Super excited for the Belle Vie takeover, looking forward to seeing Vincent.

1 Like

Found a menu:

@yogachik: is it normally pretty crowded (as in, are reservations normally needed)?

2 Likes

It’s a good idea to have a reservation, sometimes it’s crowded.

It was really great to see Vincent and to experience Belle Vie again. I recommend anyone who is nostalgic about the old restaurant to go. Runs through December 31. Live music and other events will be returning, too.

2 Likes

Belle Vie residence has been extended through 01/31/2024.

4 Likes