Belle Vie - the best French Bistro you've never been to. Yet

I miss Belle Vie so much, and hope that Vincent opens another restaurant, he created the loveliest space and community. Their closing was heartbreaking.

Edit after watching the documentary on 3/15:

So sad that Vincent couldn’t hold on just a few more months. I’m certain Belle Vie would’ve been full again, and thriving. The filmmaker didn’t include a coda, now a year later, with an update on Vincent and Cedric. Where are they now? Was Cedric deported? Is Vincent still in L.A.? Is there another restaurant coming?

2 Likes

Film here

@yogachik: we were also hoping for an epilogue of sorts.

2 Likes

Vincent’s LinkedIn shows that he’s General Manager and Sommelier for that fancy Michael Beckman restaurant Workshop Kitchen that’s opening next month in the former Odys & Penelope space

4 Likes

just watched the Belle Vie doc–wow, very emotional. So sad and unfortunately not the only small business casualty of the pandemic.

2 Likes

The Belle Vie documentary won the Emmy on Saturday for Independent Programming.

I was rooting for the Los Angeles doc 18th & Grand: The Olympic Auditorium Story - if you haven’t seen it, you should (streams on Prime)

But I’m also happy for Vincent, and Belle Vie.

5 Likes

Tangentially related (see previous discussion re: Vincent), but Workshop Kitchen LA is closed through September 15. That’s not a good sign.