Best combo high end outdoor dining and amazing food

Truffle prices were way up before Covid. They’re currently around $10 a gram retail, and to me a serving should be 6-7 grams.

Will be going to Citrin in a few weeks, but meanwhile made it to Craft. I would say that Craft is the ideal place for anyone into social distancing. The patio area is spacious and the tables well spaced and most people were eating in indoors so there were plenty of open tables on the patio. Even though it was a rather chilly night, the heat lamps were good and I did not feel cold.

The usual great Craft service. And interestingly, even though with inflation everything else has seemingly gotten so expensive, Craft’s prices are definitely lower than pre-pandemic, which was a nice surprise.

We had the wild argula salad, the hamachi, loup de mer, sea bass, savoy cabbage, chocolate chip cookies and burnt cinnamon ice cream. Everything was the usual Craft quality - nothing earth shattering, but everything extremely well prepared. My favorites were the hamachi and the savoy cabbage. I also really liked the burnt cinnamon ice cream - not super sweet and for $6 the portion was the perfect size when you want a touch of dessert, but don’t want to OD on sugar.

I’m not sure how long these new lower prices will last, but I’m going to enjoy it while I can. Because of the lower prices, it feels like a neighborhood hang restaurant, but with expert professional service. And better food than most places that I think of as neighborhood restaurants.

14 Likes

Great intel!

1 Like