Best of LA for the budget-minded among us

IHOP’s 59th Year Anniversary
59-cent Pancakes today 7am - 7pm

1 Like

Fig at the Fairmont in Santa Monica. They do Fig at Five daily where much of the menu is half-priced from 5-6 pm only. Great food and very pleasant dining by the pool.

3 Likes

The Original Pancake House…all this for $11

12 Likes

Jeez, this all looks so good. Is that Chicken Fried Steak? And Eggs?!!!

I want that whole table.

I would not be able to move for days… but I would be happy!

1 Like

Is that really a lot of food?

It’s just chicken fried steak, two fried eggs, and some pancakes (a double stack)? Oh and a couple of strips of bacon.

Have you seen our Bang Bang thread … those guys would consider this an amuse bouche

4 Likes

You so crazy.

1 Like

Yeah!

2 Likes

I’d call it average for some in this crowd. Last time I was there, I had the corned beef hash, two eggs, blueberry pancakes and a full order of the bacon. I was feeling peckish a couple hours later.

2 Likes

Jase -

Wow. I envy you!

It makes for big grocery bills and as I get older, I do have to be diligent in working out.

1 Like

Ipse -

I know for many of our food warriors - that’s a snack. Yay them!

But I’m five feet tall, and even in college I could not have managed that whole plate!

That said, I have many a female friend who, to manage their weight has said “Oh I’ve given up carbs and I feel SO much better!”

Really? Better without a slice of toast? Or a bit of pasta? Or rice?

I, I… I just can’t do that. And I’m fine with that!

2 Likes

I’ve known a few slender small females that have astonishing metabolism and capacity. Frankly the biggest challenge is changing your lifelong habits as you get older and body changes.

But yeah, I can’t give up carbs.

Jase -

Kudos to those tiny and lucky gals.

I’ve added in Pilates (in addition my normal walks) to handle not being 29 anymore.

But carbs? Don’t have to have them 24/7. But right now, don’t want to give them up completely, either! They are just too much fun : )

1 Like

PS, while we are talking about carbs and good deals - I can’t wait to indulge in the happy hour at THIS place! A chicken dodger dog, and onion rings and sake? I’m in!

(Click, then scroll down to the happy hour menu.)

1 Like

With a name like Happybaker, I’m sure you enjoy them a lot! I love carbs, almost impossible to have a meal without them. Probably also an offshoot of being poor growing up where you stretched a little meat with a lot of rice and sauce. I could stretch one piece of chicken with a huge portion of rice to make sure I was full.

1 Like

Me too

How funny. I was trying to explain the concept of gluttony to the boy yesterday. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You need to show, not tell. Time for a field trip!

1 Like

Lol, FTC meet up may also possibly work. :wink:

2 Likes