Best of LA for the budget-minded among us

It’s a pie with spicy, saucy ground beef

Crust is flaky more like a pie. The beef definitely has a kick and some curry.

NYC pizza places sometimes stuff them with cheese and pepperoni. Sounds gross but it was delicious especially after a few drinks.

1 Like

And it’s called a “beef patty” not a “beef patty pie” or something? What if you just want a beef patty? Is this like Five Easy Pieces?

Jesus. You do have Google, right? Why not just google it and see what comes up?

3 Likes

Non-Jesus right back atcha! It was obviously failed attempt at humor. Or maybe you’re just too young to remember the scene from the movie. And here’s google for you. Good luck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=beef+patty&rlz=1CASMAH_enGR739GR739&oq=beef+patty&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4299j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1 Like

Cornish pasty → Jamaican patty

now having visited the site for the restaurant nowhere does it even allude to this. So maybe some people could get a fucking life (I reread the long ago post about f-bombs). And that clip from Five Easy Pieces is such a classic.

The fucken patties are under sides, in the fucken online menu that you linked to.

patty

5 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing that you get that “pie” for $2! Incredible. Thanks.

Hasn’t been $2 for a few years now. It’s not very big but very satisfying

Don’t get bogged out with internet grumpies

Bless your heart and I mean that in the good way :slight_smile: I learn from this site. I get back more than I give. And I love Jack Nicholson :slight_smile:

Patties are not unique to just this one restaurant. You can find them at a lot of places. Hopefully you read some of those Google results before trying to serve them to me.

3 Likes

What do you mean, “good luck”? The first two results that come up under that search are both recipes for Jamaican beef patties, complete with photos. The second entry even has a definition showing right there on the search page. You have a problem with this?

1 Like

We like to talk about food though. That’s kind of the point of the site. Everything is googlable.

1 Like

Back at Belizean Paradise today and had to change up the order because I was craving their Ducunu. What a satisfying thing it is. Great chicken curry. With stewed potatoes like our people do it

8 Likes

Here’s another endorsement for Shamshiri. The lunch specials are quite filling and even though I am a big eater, I don’t see any sense in paying for a bigger meal at dinner. Outside of one overcooked chicken breast for lunch (which they no longer offer), I have nothing but raves for this restaurant.

My work office is on Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood and I am looking forward to another long lunch at this fine restaurant once the pandemic is over.

1 Like