Best Pizza by the Slice?

Only 3 slices? New years diet?

2 Likes

I’m lactose intolerant and my body can only take so much abuse during every sitting.

3 Likes

I’ll be a skeptic here, but those slices don’t look good to me. Looks like reheated dry pizza. I trust your word that it’s good though.

I mean is it driveworthy from somewhere else in LA? Probably not. But it’s definitely the best slice pizza joint in east SFV, and as good as many of the NYC slice joints I’ve been to. For the studio folk around here, Prime Pizza is a godsend.

2 Likes

Their Sicilian slice used to be so good. Now, it tastes the way it looks in that picture.

1 Like

Is Pizza Wagon in the valley associated with the one in Brooklyn?

2 Likes

Yes. Anthony and his brother worked there and own it. Anthony moved out here with his family and owns and works at the one here in Sherman Oaks.

From the back of his menu:

7 Likes

That is some great pimpin’, Gr8pimpin !!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Right? I should be the guys agent :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

For some reason I always read your name as “Grimpin” lol

1 Like

LOL!

“Grimpin” makes AS MUCH sense as “Gr8pimpin” :grinning:

1 Like

Luchini had good slices.

1 Like

Happy to report the Sicilian improved again on my recent visit. Really good. I’ve been disheartened with Prime for a while now but that visit really helps

3 Likes

Pizza Wagon is the best NY slice in SoCal!

1 Like

Prime Pizza Burbank
After hearing from @Ns1 , virtually daily, I decided I had to get over there.

As you can see, they honor and mention our FTCer, @Ns1 right on the outside of the building!! :slight_smile:

Pepperoni Slice
it was actually quite good. Much better than every experience I’ve had at the Fairfax location. This was not dry or overcooked. The crust had good crisp, but then was chewy. Maybe a tad chewier than I like.

Good grease chalices to lubricate your gizzards.

Grandma Slice
This was a big miss for me. Tasted like soft, spongy focaccia. Surprising, especially as this was a corner slice. The tangy tomatoes were good, as was the dark cheese rim.

2 Slices and a drink for $9? No brainer.

I was going to do a bang bang with Pizza Wagon, but I was just too full. But I did have The Wagon the other day.

My comparison?

Prime’s crust had a more developed taste. Pizza Wagon’s crust tastes different later in the day… it gets better after it develops a bit.

I like the overall taste of Pizza Wagon’s pepperoni pizza better. Generally, I think it is more flavorful as I find Prime’s slightly on the bland side. Just a personal preference.

Want a Sicilian? No comparison. Wagon is the place to go.

That said, If I worked or lived in Burbank, I’d eat at Prime as my go-to pizza joint.

6 Likes

I really want to love the grandma slice but it never really reaches its potential. It was good the one time it came straight out of the oven but ever since…

I think I’m just gonna get 3 pepperoni slices and call it a day moving forward.

2 Likes

I have to thank this thread - after moving here from NYC many years ago, I’d all but given up on a readily accessible great slice.

In fact, I’ve been in a funk over the state of the LA dining scene for a good few months, though I’m not sure that’s either here or there.

Anyyyywayyy … thank you thank you thank you for pointing me to Pizza Wagon!!!

Ordered two pies - Meat Lovers and Pesto - and hot shit is this place the real deal!

bows in appreciation

4 Likes

It was strange. I had it twice at Fairfax and it was crunchy and good. Not sure what this was. agree with you on getting just Pepperoni, that’s the star and most reliable.

Really glad to hear!! That pesto is killer!!

All these photos of COVID-19 give me pizza cravings.

Tell me that under a microscope the viruses don’t look like pepperoni cups.

• sorry, just trying to lighten things up :slight_smile:
11 Likes

covid-19 viruses impersonating 'roni cups :hot_face: margheritas only for me from now on

2 Likes