Best Pizza by the Slice?

With the caveat that I haven’t been in a few months, that was basically my main complaint.

Best thing on the menu was really hard to get.

1 Like

The Prince of Venice guy was in the NY Times today.

2 Likes

Lol I was literally walking in Westwood Village as I read this. Even funnier, I was walking right PAST Prince of Venice on my way to Lamonica’s to get my slice fix…

3 Likes

Prime on Santa Monica Blvd in West LA opened today.

Open from 5-10pm. No lunch yet.

The pepperoni slice was tiny. Much smaller than the cheese slice.

Pepperoni was a floppy super grease-fest. But the cheese slice was better.

Ok, I’ll chalk up this experience to growing pains.it was still better than 90% of the pizza places in LA.

11 Likes

Kind of sad that that’s still better than most. I was thinking of this tonight but might give it 1-2 wks for them to work out the kinks.

1 Like

I notice the greasiness on reheated slices more so than on whole pies.

So maybe right now, I would feel better ordering a whole pie than going for a slice reheat.

1 Like

What the heck with those slices? Those look horrid.

1 Like

The pepperoni slice looked like it had been from one of their large pizzas cut into 12 slices. My wife, who had never had Prime, looked at it and couldn’t understand how the worker putting it in the box couldn’t see the embarrassing size considering it was laying right on top of the cheese slice (no paper even separating the slices.)

It really was awful. It was so soggy with grease.

The cheese slice was better.

Sounds like they need to do some training sorry to hear about that. I’ve always enjoyed the pizza at the fairfax location.

1 Like

speaking from experience from the Burbank opening, it took them a few weeks to be consistently good.

not really excusing what happened here, but I have no doubt Prime WLA will become a great addition to the 'hood.

1 Like

I must have really bad luck with that Fairfax location. Every time I think the slices are just “ok.”

I like the Burbank location more. Consistently good. Just MHO.

Yeah, I have no doubts either. Perfect that the two areas I spend most of my time at I have The Wagon and Prime.

1 Like

I know that this guy’s shtick can be grating (it is to me) but hey he’s popular and said the Fairfax location has his favorite pizza in LA, so the new location is probably coming at a great time to just soak up all the extra attention they’re getting from it.

1 Like

Haven’t had Prime before but in laws picked up a couple of pies from the new one this afternoon. Not soggy! But not sure I’d go out of my way for it either.

7 Likes

Looks good but doesn’t really look any better than Joes Santa Monica

1 Like

Prime Pizza is going for the new “par”. You might be able to do better in whatever neighborhood Prime is in but probably not.

And having eaten countless slices from
Joe’s, for my money yeah I’d drive to Prime instead of Joe’s.

3 Likes

this location is in a prime spot for a kato bang bang (for anybody not on the kato diet), will confirm next week.

4 Likes

the Grandma slice was always the way to go at Fairfax location…that is a pretty weird, skinny ass slice!

1 Like

For the general area, I’d take Vito’s but wouldn’t be displeased with that, Prime, or Milo SRO. On the broader westside, I think Pizzana and Bootleg are the best, though obviously they’re different styles from the regular NY style slices.

1 Like

Inspired by all the Prime love around here I picked up a couple slices from the Little Tokyo location.

With Superfine closed and that being my normal (pre-pandemic) slice place, I gotta say that Prime just hits consistent doubles. I can’t find any faults with the regular slices or the squares and I’m sure the new location will get up to speed in good time.

17 Likes

A Bruin not mentioning Lamonica’s at all?! Sacrilege! :wink:

3 Likes