Best place for ham at Easter brunch or dinner?

Friends:

My SO typically goes to my family’s Passover seder each year (he’s not Jewish - I’m Jewish, but not at all observant), and this year I wanted to arrange an Easter meal at a restaurant for him. He really likes your basic well-made, tasty ham, which I’m not seeing on a lot of the a la carte Easter menus for restaurants in our area (Culver City, West LA, Santa Monica). I am seeing that a lot of hotel restaurants seem to have brunch buffets with carving stations that have ham at the stations.

I’d love any recommendations for restaurants with brunches, buffets or dinners that serve good ham. I don’t mind doing a hotel buffet, if the food is good.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

-Roz

You might want to edit your post to “not at all observant” (at least I think that’s what you meant). But most importantly - good for you!

Not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but Hatchet Hall, Majordomo, and Otoño all have very delicious plates of ham. Though those are more of the thinly-shaved fancy kind instead of your honey-baked carved style ham…

Sam Woo

You reminded me that I still need to get that char siu fried rice with pork blood and ample spoonfuls of chilli sauce lol

Of course the only Sam Woo is the Valley Alhambra location

Well there is one in the Valley, Google Maps
Doesn’t help the OP except to mention that Chinese ham is very similar to American country ham which is why 99 Ranch is the only place I know of in LA to buy Smithfield ham, and perhaps why @ipsedixit mentioned Sam Woo. That said I can’t help you other than, as @Srsly mentioned Hatchet Hall has a great appetizer of country ham and biscuits. Perhaps great lamb might be easier to find.

First, thanks all for your responses. It turns out my SO would prefer have what he considers “traditional ham,” even if it’s not as good as the thinly-shaved “fancy kind.” So it looks like we’ll end up at Baltaire in Brentwood, which appears to be having a buffet with Nueske ham.

I do really appreciate the responses - I’ve been fortunate to have had the opportunity to eat good Iberico ham in Los Angeles from time to time. But I’m really curious about the country ham at Hatchett Hall - I am going to check that out when I have a chance.

-Roz

What are you recommending from Sam Woo? The roast pork, barbecued pork, or something else?