Best restaurant for Birthday in LA

Club 33 food is nothing to write home about. It’s cool to say you’ve been, but it’s not that special. David Beckham and Victoria were there with the kids when I went. The highlight of the whole experience was chatting a bit about his Man Utd days.

6 Likes

Agree :100:
I’d not waste a special birthday on Club 33. That’s more for Disney nuts than for folks who are focused on food and drinks.

6 Likes

I would put Meteora in the same tier as the restaurants below. Otium, below.

1 Like

you can call FTCers many things, but we all make fun of Yelpers here lol :rofl:

3 Likes

Delilah is great in Vegas, opulent old hollywood supper club style with live music. Food is great, but can get pricey depending on what you order (not Joel Robuchon expensive though). Reservations are hard to get in advance and a hotel concierge or club promoter may be able to help you. JG Steakhouse and Bouchon next to Carbone are both good options, especially Bouchon for brunch. NOMAD library or bar are beautiful. I have liked Le Cirque in the past, but they have a new chef since I went and it is significantly more now.

Highly recommend the rum tasting and show at Lost Spirits, you wander around the space with different performance area and taste rum while watching acrobats, musicians, magicians, etc from an arms length away. They do have a tasting menu experience, but I have not heard much about it. The Area 15 complex it is in is also fun, but each activity costs money and it can get expensive.

Off strip Raku and EDO Tapas were my highlights on our last visit.

2 Likes

You could try Habitue! I’m still curious to hear a report

3 Likes

carbone
vetri cucina for great food and a view

2 Likes

I think we mock the whole Yelping process, vs. specific Yelpers. :wink:

1 Like

Amex plat can get tables for it. A few months ago was able to book a dinner res the night before. They are a speciality partner or something

Drinks are way more fun and engaging than the food at Club 33.

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks for all the amazing recs! I actually did my bachelorette party at Delilah and some random person ended up buying us 3 bottles of champagne! Best chicken tenders there LOL.

We also did NOMAD bar that trip and loved it. Definitely want to try that Lost spirits show! And area 15 if we have time. Thanks so much!! We did the absinthe show last time and also really enjoyed that!!!

1 Like

Vdara/Aria concierge can also assist guests.

3 Likes

Tables for Carbone? Sorry which restaurant are you referring

1 Like

yes we are talking about Carbone. If you want to go, book reservations very early (ie as soon as they open up) or try Plat Amex or Aria/Vdara concierge if you are a guest. Do not try walking up to Carbone or getting a reservation the week of as a general guest.

1 Like

If you liked Absinthe, one of the acts at Lost Spirits was in the Absinthe show pre-pandemic so the level of talent in the show is pretty good. There’s also the new show from the Absinthe crew at Superfrico in Cosmo. I don’t know how good the food is at the restaurant, but the ski lodge bar there is pretty good. Really all the bars in the Cosmo are good :smiley: Especially the second level of the Chandelier bar.

+1 to chicken tenders at Delilah. The ones are JG steakhouse are also really excellent.

TBH sounds like you’ve gone to some pretty solid places on the strip. So unless you wanted to really splurge on the highest end, you could explore off strip. Lost Spirits → dinner at Raku was A+. Or you could do something like Esthers or Carson Kitchen near old Vegas/downtown and hit Laundry Room before/after for cocktails.

3 Likes

I just saw this. Looks good but pricey at $999 per person! Vegas steakhouse tour!

1,780 likes, 51 comments - Lip Smacking Foodie Tours (@lipsmackingfoodie) on Instagram: "This is our Ultimate Steakhouse Tour. We’d love for you to experience it. Take a look at our ca..."

This is the supper club place I was thinking of for my bday (maybe instead of Manzke). I’m super indecisive! Still debating about Kato as well! Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Never heard of that place before and if I haven’t seen it mentioned by anyone on this board I have a real hard time believing it could be better than what Jon is doing at Kato.

2 Likes

Thank you! This helps a lot!!

Wow! I was intrigued until I saw 1200 per person. Holy
Moly I’m not that much of a baller unfortunately… but someone please report back after you go LOL

I’m so glad I found this foodie haven! Can’t wait to try all of the recommendations. So funny. Like that South Park episode where they make fun of Yelp? I’m an elite but I’m not loving it there. It’s where I used to go to find the good food!