Bicyclette Bistro - Pico-Robertson

I had a resy, but I didn’t see anyone waiting for a table while I was there. the bar was available too.

they will fully open and start taking reservations on June 16th.

1 Like

I saw a rezzie on Opentable as well and snagged it last weekend. The Opentable route is currently not available.

It’s a very soft and ambitious open with staffing shortages growing ever worse and supply chain issues for product. Please give any restaurant and especially newly opening restaurants patience and understanding.

3 Likes

reservations are live

3 Likes

Was geeking out on the wine list when I stumbled onto their drinks list. Ambitious and witty. Seems like a great opportunity for a cocktail and light meal @ the bar.

/* start whine*/
I wish there were parking alternatives in the area. It was a major buzzkill in the Picca|Sotto days. The waits for the valet were epic.

4 Likes

Street parking abounds: At even peak hours, a 2 block shlep, which does not always even have to involve crossing the river Pico…

1 Like

Great to hear.

apologizes for the shit pictures, it’s pretty dark in there.

burgundy escargots en croute, garlic parsley butter
these were delicious, and looked like the snails were wearing a little puff pastry beret.

onion soup gratinee, comte cheese
textbook

edwards virgina smoked and aged surryano ham, saucisson sec
bread, butter, ham. everything you need.

snake river farms wagyu beef ribeye
i wasn’t a fan of this, it didn’t seem very marbled for a ribeye and the crust on top came just came off in one big piece. and i’m pretty sure i got a bordelaise sauce even though i ordered the peppercorn sauce.

french fries, tarragon aioli

potato mousseline, rodolphe le meunier normandy buttery

riz au lait, peaches, blackberries, pistachios
very nice, i believe they use koshihikari rice for this.

18 Likes

Even in imperfect lighting, @PorkyBelly’s photos are still scrumptious-looking.

5 Likes

Went to Bicyclette last night. Did not have a resy - walked in around 8:15 pm, was greeted in a super friendly manner by Patrick, who is a manager, and immediately seated at the table. Service was enthusiastic and friendly. There is a small wine list which is nice, and another larger digital wine list you can ask for, with fancier wines.
We picked a glass of Delamotte Champagne (which is nice but at $35 / glass is a bit of a rip off as it retails for about $40 a bottle)
Madame de Fontaynes 2018 Menetou-Salon Les Marnes $16/glass - wonderful wine, it paired well with food and was light a crisp Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc. It is a new project by the proprietors of Chateau de Tracy in Poilly Fume that we happen to have visited several years ago and I hardly ever see their wines in the US, but here there were also two of their higher end wines on the larger list.
Didier Dagueneau Blanc Fume de Pouilly 2013 - $144 - this one showed slight oxidative notes but was quite enjoyable with the seafood stew. Not a bad deal either at $144 as 2013 vintage probably retailed for anout $65 in its day, and current releases are closer to $90.
Edwards Virginia Smoked and Aged Surryano Ham, Saucison Sec - Excellent
Smoked Salmon Rillettes, Salmon Roe Horseradish - also excellent
Soft Egg in the Shell Smoked Sturgeon, Kaluga Caviar - delicious, really liked bites of smoked sturgeon in the eggs.
Baguette with butter - perhaps one of the best in the city (any city I mean, Paris included)
Bouillabaisse -Rock Cod, Mussels, Clams, Prawns - this one was tasty but I wish they did not call it a bouillabaisse, because it was not a bouillabaisse. Not in the manner in which it was served, nor in flavor, nor ingredients, but delicious seafood stew nevertheless. We did not follow @PorkyBelly advice to hold on to our baguette. Anticipating the problem we ordered another baguette well before the fish stew arrived but alas, it never materialized. To be honest there was so little broth in the dish that it probably would not matter or may they were counting carbs for our sake :slight_smile:
I did feel that we got a lot of salt in everything but part of it was our selection of salty foods.
The atmosphere is very Parisian, and service friendly, overall I am glad to have this restaurant in a location close to our home for a quick bite with a glass or a bottle of wine. Going back next week to try other dishes.

11 Likes

It is. We have a reservation Tuesday. I looked in the window. Not a lot of seating downstairs upstairs they have added balcony seating. Only down is currently open.

Upstairs is anticipated to be tasting menu only in the next iteration of its opening.

Went two days ago - very enjoyable. Do I wish it was still Sotto? YES. But this is a worthy replacement.

2 Likes

Also a walk-in–they welcome walk-ins warmly and will try to keep some spots available for that purpose. Very friendly staff and Patrick was quite helpful. I concur on the bouillabaisse. The onion tart and the escargot (which can be had by the piece, by the way, if you do not want a full order) were the highlights.

5 Likes

Tres Bien!

1 Like

those are my must orders too, and i’ll add the sardines and foie gras.

1 Like

Oysters orders (on the menu as 1/2-dozen minimum) can be custom down-sized also…

3 Likes

Is this going to be the hottest LA restaurant opening of 2021? The photos look on-point with every dish.

Down sizing oyster orders; is that a felony or just a misdemeanor?

1 Like

It’s more of a crime of poisson…

6 Likes