Birthday bite under $10

She does like her bread.

I love their peanut butter manju.

no

Strawberry crunch donut from Cofax. $3.50. Strawberry is healthy. But seriously, it is quite light and mighty tasty.

1 Like

Alright, maybe I’ll forget about it being healthy. That looks awesome!
What other donuts are good at cofax?

1 Like

It IS far.

I have lucked out with dear neighbors who have family in the area, so they bring me treats.

But gads, it is awesome ; )

I forgot to mention said sweet thing needs to hold up as I will buy it on Sunday and give it to her on Monday.

If you can find a bakery that does bread and chocolate go for it - killer.

In Montreal we hit a bakery that did a light wheat bread with candied orange peel and small semi-sweet chocolate chunks throughout. Not too sweet or heavy but so SO good!

Have fun, I think you’re on a respectful and tasty quest.

Hi @Luluthemagnificent,

The Cofax Donuts won’t hold up, unfortunately. Especially in Summer heat.

I attempted to bring a couple back for some friends. Went straight to the car, blasted the AC and the donuts still suffered. But eating them fresh on site is great. :slight_smile:

I think all are pretty tasty, but my favorite is the strawberry crunch. The cornflakes cereal one was good too off the top of my head.

@ipsedixit said he liked caramel IIRC.

But I had some day old ones and they were not as good as eating them that day. Maybe you can try something else because I wouldn’t recommend having them the next day.

Sorry about that.

1 Like

Here’s another thought.

How about a single Korean pear? Comes in its own pear-diaper.

picture not mine

2 Likes

What if I heat them up for a few secs in the microwave? Did you try that? Thanks anyway. I was leaning toward getting them. Now I am leaning toward getting her something from rainbow acres, they have realitively healthy options.

I may just end up getting that damn pear. :relaxed:

Sorry again. I have left them in a paper bag and the dough tends to dry out. Also tried plastic bag and it gets too soft. Have not tried microwave but most of their donuts have glaze so not sure how that would turn out.

Yeah… Donut Man is a schlep. They’re in Glendora. Your reference to chocolate covered fruit made me think of them. They use large chunks of real fruit for the fillings.

the supervisors daughter just called in and I asked her what he mom likes she said anything lemon. lemon cookies, lemon bars, lemon meringue pie…who has good lemon stuff? forget about how healthy it is, I’ll drop that.
thanks

1 Like

Lemon lavender pie from Atticus or lemon bar from Sweet Lady Jane could work.

Sweet Lady Jane on Montana and 17th for the lemon bar or a lemon tart.

Cinnamon bun from Erven. Hey, it’s Vegan! Mole streaks, very more-ish. Can freeze and nuke, which gets the mole runny. Erven in SaMo, on Santa Monica Blvd between 5&6.

Also, on Melrose. Or is that one not as good?

I wouldn’t know if one SLJ is better than the other, but the OP asked for a Santa Monica bakery on Sunday.