Bistro LQ Special Event: A Pictorial Essay

Chef Laurent Quenioux is not afraid of making taste buds quiver with joy. He hosted a “Most Requested Dishes” dinner last night, and it was marvelous.

Bread by BreadLounge, olive oil by “41 Olive”…

Christian Thirot-Fournier 2014 Sancerre Rosé (Loire)…

Nantucket Bay scallop gratin, leek fondue, apple cider “Mornay”…

Paul Chapelle & ses Filles 2011 Santenay 1er Cru, Beaune Côte-d’Or (Burgundy)…

Northern California stuffed quail with foie gras, grapes, porcini from Oregon, “Pommes Maxim”…

Chef Laurent is well-regarded for having one of the best (if not THE best) cheese trays in all of Southern California! But tonight, we are enjoying his special (pre-order only)…

Epoisses flambé Marc du Bourgogne, served with bread…

Chateau Pierre-Bise, Coteaux du Layon 2010 “Les Rouannieres”…

Pear Charlotte (“Charlotte aux Poires”), salted caramel…

Bonus! We got to catch the eclipse as well!

6 Likes

That quail looks amazing. Perfect pairing with that burg.

What was the pairing for the blood moon?

nice report and pix…that scallop has my name on it…after feasting in new England on stuff like that (albeit less refined) ive been trying to find a solid baked stuff lobster here in la, or something along the lines of a good thermador (as much as I love musso’s theirs reeks of canned mushroom soup on lobster, not a good thing)…any hounds with any leads there? Connie and Teds wont do it.

J.L. great, great pics and I didn’t even notice anyone taking pictures.

It was a great meal last night. Laurent talked about how no one is really teaching these “kids” how to do the classics properly anymore, so it’s great for the dining community as a whole.

Greg has made a great improvement to the wine pairings. The Epoisses Flambe with Marc de Bourgogne was an incredible treat.

Cassoulet coming up! Can’t wait for it to cool down!!!

Has anyone tried the @Ma Maison dinners? We were out of town for the last one.

Ohmigod, the cheese selection looks amazing! Which ones did you have (or did you find space to sample them all???)?

Mais bien sur, the Chateau Pierre-Bise, Coteaux du Layon 2010 “Les Rouannieres”. It was really lovely and a steal at a $18 wine pairing.

J.L., best pictorial essay ever. Great job and thank you!

Nice.

Awesome! Thanks JL. Beautiful pix as always.

looks amazing!