Bollini's pizzeria neapolitana is done - permanently

Stopped by last Sunday only to find a sign that said Saturday Feb 27th was their last day.

Yes, Chris Bollini had announced it on Wed night, Feb 23 rd on Facebook. There was a 2 hour wait on Friday night to have dinner there for the last time. I’m sure Saturday was pretty busy too. I’m surprised it closed since it is always so busy.

“It brings me great sadness to inform all of our customers that due to circumstances beyond our control, that Bollini’s will be serving its last service on Saturday Feb.27th. I would like to thank everyone for 9 great years and all the love and Support.
Bollini’s Pizzeria Napolitana would like to thank everyone that has supported me throughout these nine years. I have been touched by so many people in so many ways thought the years that it could never be explained in words. I have been truly blessed to have lived and brought my dream to life. From the person straight out of jail with no money who only wanted something to eat, to the lawyers, doctors, artists, outlaws, cops, kids, families you have all touched me and my kids hearts and my life in some sort of way! And for that I thank you all! To see what Bollini’s has become from 9 years ago with only 19 seats to what it is today I have all of you to thank for that! Thank you for allowing me to express my passion thru food and all of you who were receptive to it. I am forever blessed and thankful!
As a young orphan growing up with no family to what I have today and the extended family that I now have I am forever grateful. For those who know me and those who don’t, the book may be closing on this chapter in my life, but there are many more chapters to be written!
Thank you for 9 years of love and support.
~ Chef C. Bollini”

From Bollini’s Facebook page.

who?

Sad to hear. My first neopolitan pizza experience was at Bollini’s shortly after it opened. Always enjoyed the food and service.

Just a small Italian place in Monterey Park who used to serve a decent Neopolitan pizza. It was a neighborhood gem since there wasnt really any decent pizza/pasta places in the area.Their pizza was great in the beginning, it kinda went downhill but was still a local favorite.

1 Like