Boys night out

chi SPACCA fo sho, nothing says a dinner with buddies like bone marrow pie.

1 Like

The burger is great but there is a lot more to the food than that, love the smoked eel salad and they have a very limited but well curated selection of cocktails and wine as well. It should be noted that Father’s Office is really a bar that happens to have great food and not really a gastro pub or restaurant, as in no waiters and you find your own table. I think it’s worth it for a boy’s night out but if you want a more restaurant experience this isn’t it.

And since @Aesthete is awol I’ll mention Hatchet Hall & the Old Man Bar (either or both) as a fun way to go Old Man Bar link

I’m pretty sure Father’s Office started the gastropub trend…

I would have dinner and drinks at Bestia, then finish the night off at Everson Royce Bar (ERB).

1 Like

Agree w/ fun. Didn’t find it that dark or smokey (which was just fine by me!). At 38, I also felt like I was one of the older people there! But I think that’s just me feeling self conscious about approaching middle age. ::sigh::

The Ol’ Monday night special eh?

Great ideas here, Dan Tana’s is ideal for this kind of night out.

I’ll add Bandera - live jazz, perfect martinis, great food.

The one on Wishire that used to be Houston’s?

[/quote]

Every night? Any special type?

What do you like?

Sorry - don’t mean to sound like the Spanish Inquisition - but I never read anything about this place and the Jazz surprised me.
thanks

I’m intrigued by the jazz, too.

Intrigued by the Jazz, the new LP by @Bigmouth. In stores everywhere 12/25.

2 Likes

These are rational questions. Somewhere doing live jazz every night of the week in LA would be fairly incredible. If the food and drinks are even just on the upper end of mediocre it would be fantastic.

I Am Curious (Bigmouth)

2 Likes

Yes Bandera has a live piano and bass jazz band / ensemble every night.

Bandara is part of the Hillstone group, so food is way above mediocre, bordering on fantastic. I always love their french dip, and they have one of the best Filets in town. Martinis with hand stuffed bleu cheese olives pair perfectly with all of the above.

http://banderarestaurants.com/locations/brentwood/

5 Likes

Bump. Awesome sandwich!

Good choice o

Vibrato

1 Like

Dan Tana’s is perfect for this. Did the same thing a couple months back and it was fabulous.

Hi @CiaoBob @Helper_Monkey, @Bigmouth - Or anyone? Help!

Our sons’ 2 friends are in town. There in their 20’s. We want to take them for Korean BBQ. Hanjip is a thought. Is there anyplace else they might enjoy? Someplace reasonably priced, even AYCE. These kids can really eat!

Thanks!

Kang ho dong or quarters. park’s or gwang yang if you want to splurge.
Or they might like the bo ssam at kobawoo

2nd KangHoDong, Better to go a bit earlier if possible because there can be a wait. Not for everyone but I still love the smokey and very casual atmosphere at SootBullJeep