Brewed coffee maker

Free shipping if you buy online:

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1821313/Bonavita+5+Cup+Coffee+Maker+with+Thermal+Carafe

That’s a damn good price.

I’m tempted to get one even though I rarely brew coffee at home. May just save it as a gift for someone.

it is really good. i’m more of a 8-14 cup maker.

Same one? $94

Bonavita

Sure looks like.

And an even better price.

I have a Technivorm which replaced my Bonavita. The Technivorm thermal carafe does keep the coffee a bit warmer than the Bonavita.

I like the Technivorm more, mostly because you can stir the coffee grounds while brewing. The Bonavita was pretty good though, and a good deal for the price.

I have a Cuisinart Automatic Grind & Brew Thermal and it works
quite well for me. I add the water and place the beans in the grinder
and program it to go off right b4 I get up. It shuts off with 5 beeps
when the coffee is finished and stays hot to warm for a few hours.

The only thing is that, sometimes, I have to use the grinder twice to
make sure all of the beans are ground down (I guess I like a STRONG cup
of coffee).

I found the coffee maker a liquidator shop and paid $77 for it.

What grinder are y’all using? I think my hand grinding days are numbered. It’s fine for one cup but any more than that is hand crampolo city.

I’ve been using a Baratza (burr grinder) for the last year or so and I’ve been very happy with it. This is my first burr grinder and I didn’t want to spend $$$, but I wanted to up my coffee grinding game. So I got their Encore model which is one of their “entry level” models (I believe it was a around $125) and it’s working well for me. It’s a good step up from a blade grinder.

That’s the one I’ve been looking at, actually! Good to know it holds up over time.

it’s a heavy and solid piece of equipment (as far as the grinding mechanism and motor). The case and basket are plastic.

I read reviews where folks complained about the basket having a static clingy thing with the grinds when you pull it out to dump into your brewer and some grinds end up on your counter—and that is a real thing, but not a hassle to wipe up.

Because this is an entry level grinder, you don’t have the option of grinding into the plastic basket or grinding directly into your espresso machine basket but since your using a chemex—not an issue. it’ll probably take a couple pots of coffee for you to dial it in, but I think you’ll be happy with the results.

Awesome. Thanks for the details.

Sweethome also ranks it really highly, so I think that may just be the one. The 4 Best Coffee Grinders of 2022 | Reviews by Wirecutter

your very welcome!

I just read the review you linked and it did mention noise. I will add that this is NOT a quiet grinder. So if you can’t handle some noise @ the crack of dawn that may be an issue. If my brain is feeling somewhat sensitive @ 6am, I hold my hands around the machine while grinding to baffle the sound a bit (it helps).

I used to have a Baratza Solis Maestro grinder. I had to repair it a few times.

Since 2010 I’ve been using a Capresso Infinity, it’s quieter and so far has needed no repair.

so far I haven’t had any problems. The Capresso’s price is really good for an entry level grinder.

I think the Capresso is over-engineered compared with the Baratza. It seems like the motor is stronger and slower, which also means it’s quieter and what noise it makes isn’t as shrill.

I experimented with every drip coffee variable and using a burr grinder rather than a blade chopper was one of the changes that made the biggest difference. Coffee that was burr-ground at the store two weeks ago tastes better than freshly blade-chopped.

Summer is upon us, y’all. Get out y’r cold brew kits!

Here’s a good review of a couple different options: The Best Cold-Brew Coffee Maker for 2022 | Reviews by Wirecutter

I use the Toddy and find that it makes solid cold brew and is pretty easy to use. You go through lot of grounds at once, but then the cold brew will last almost a week, depending on what ratio and frequency.

1 Like

I second your Chemex endorsement. My only complaint is that they can be a bit fragile.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Reviewlatest has this one high on their list of best coffee makers, so I think that may just be the one I need.

That post was flagged as spam. It’s your first post on this site, it’s not clear which coffee maker you’re talking about, and the link is to the front page rather than a coffee-maker review, so it kind of looks like spam promoting that web site.