Bringing Mexican wine in from Baja

Is there anyplace in San Diego to buy Bichi wines?

They seem to have some California distribution, as wine-searcher finds that Solano Cellars in Berkeley has one in stock.

Mission wines in Pasadena seems to carry them, but I’m not sure about San Diego.

Thanks. They’re apparently sold out.

http://shop.missionwines.com/Store/pc/2014-TELLEZ-Y-LUYT-BICHI-NEBBIOLO-TECATE-59p3715.htm

The Casa de Piedra Espuma de Piedra Barbera is now less pricy: $19.95 instead of $29, you can find it in Vintage Wines or bajawineusa.com :wink:

The price per bottle is always more pricy than by case, but Californian plates can only bring 1 bottle from Mexico (It’s 4 bottles for other states plates)

Just learned about another place where a limited selection of VdG wines can be obtained locally:

http://www.trulyfinewine.com/mexicanwine

They mostly ship ($15 flat rate), but I believe you can also walk in to buy. Their warehouse is at 4060 Morena Blvd, near Avati St.

Funny coincidence, I was in my favorite wine bar in Oakland the other night and happened to sit next to the guy who distributes Bichi in California. So now I know how to get it.

Care to share?

If I manage to get my hands on some.

I take it that Bichi makes bitchin’ wines? Such as?

The 2014 Nebbiolo tinto is the only one available in California.

Your local retailer can order it from Keven Clancy:

Ha! That would be nice. I meant sharing with the rest of us on how to obtain.

I had my local retailer order it from Keven. Click the link for his contact information.

OT, I guess, but it’ll be interesting to hear early reports about the new western pedestrian crossing at the border.

New since I was there last month?

Yes. It was open to the press yesterday, and will be open to the public July 15. (Somehow I misread the article yesterday and remembered July 5.) It’s being called PedWest. It looks to be a much nicer crossing. The existing “east” pedestrian crossing will continue to operate, but with fewer staff.